NVIDA Control Panel setup

Started by _AH_z5o, April 19, 2011, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

:help-sos-sos-29402: S~ Gang, I could use some help tonight if someone dont mind. Im want to tweak my PNY/NVida Geforce 9600 GSO.
This is what Im running for a system, if it will help,

OS Name   Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version   6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Name   XPS-410
System Manufacturer   Dell Inc.
System Model   Dell DXP061
System Type   X86-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz, 1862 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   Dell Inc. 2.5.3, 11/22/2007
SMBIOS Version   2.3
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory   3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory   1.90 GB
Total Virtual Memory   6.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory   4.76 GB
Page File Space   3.29 GB

Ive removed everything from the mothreboard like the modem, video capture card, bascily anything I was using to save on heat collecting in the case. So now the only thing Ive got pluged into the motherboard is the NVida vifeo card and of corse all my drives.
Im getting real good framerates right for the most part, Im just wanting to tweak the video a bit.
Thanks
Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Lippy

~S~ Z here is a list of settings I have under Nvidia control panel in 3D settings under global tab

Antisotropic filtering                                                         (4x)
antialising gamma correction                                           (off)
antialiasing mode                                                            (override any app)
antialising settings                                                          (2x)
antialising transperancy                                                  (off)
cuda gpus                                                                        (all)
extension limit                                                                 (off)
Multi display/mixed gpu acceleration                               (multiple display performance mode)
texture filtering anisotropic sample optimazation           (on)
texture fitering negative lod bias                                    (clamp)
texture filtering quality                                                    (High quality)
texture filtering trilinear optimazation                            (off)
threaded optimazation                                                   (off)
triple buffering                                                                (on)
texture filtering anisotropic filter optimazation               (off)
vertical sync                                                                    (force on)

I hope this help some.

_AH_z5o

Well my settings are set to customize to IL2

Ambient Occlusion..............................................................Not Supported
Anisotropic Filtering............................................................8x
Antialiasing Gamma Correction............................................Off
Antialiasing Mode...............................................................Override any application setting
Antialiasing Transparency...................................................Off
CUDA GPUs.......................................................................All
Max pre-rendered frames....................................................3
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration...................................Multiple display performance mode
Texture filtering-Anisotropic sample optimization...................Off
Testure filtering-Negative LOD bias......................................Clamp
Texture filtering-Quality......................................................Quality
Texture filtering-triliner optimization.....................................Off
Threaded optimization.........................................................Auto
Triple Buffering...................................................................Off
Vertical Sync......................................................................Use the 3D application stteing

Now, I have no ideal whats what on this thing. So, any ideals anyone.. Oh BTW, my frame rates for the most part are great. What Im shooting for it better looks with very little if any loss of performance. I might need to look at some of my config INI settings, but, there again, I have no ideal what Im doing.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Toccs

Here's Mine:

Bathroom Break...............0
CrashOnTakeoff...............1 (Clamp)
JackFlaps..........................1
AbandonFlightChasetNaked Wife.........0 or 1
ALT_Tabtocheckemailwhileflying....1
ListentoJackSayZutiOFF.................0
AskIfZutiOn....................................1
Askwherefightis..............................1
Askagainwherefightis.....................1
Complainthereisnofight..................1
Enterpatternopposite.....................1
BitchaboutAIstealingkills..................1

Let me know if you need any other settings, Z. Always glad to help.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

:lol

I added this line to my conf.ini

AfterHearingALLREADYaskifMissionAlreadyStarted=1

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

For some reason everytime I change the following line to 0, it changes back to 1 everytime I run the game :

BBQbeinganinsufferablebastard = 1

Are you running multiple displays, Z? If not you can change "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" to "Single display performance mode".

You can also put "Texture filtering-Quality" to "High Quality".

You don't run any antialiasing? What resolution do you run the game in? With my 9600GT I used to always use the "Override any application setting" and use 4x AA. That was at 1152x864 resolution. I used to run 4x on both
Anisotropic Filter and Antialiasing.

Also in the IL-2 setup, you can set texture compression to none under the video tab.  I found any compression fregs with the color quality of textures. When I first started skinning I used to wonder where these wierd colors and distortion came from when I could'nt see it on the skin outside the game. Turned out it was the texture compression.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Archie

AbandonFlightChasetNaked Wife.........0 or 1

I always set this line to 0.......My old hardware cant keep up if i enable it anymore

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_BBQhead

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on April 21, 2011, 08:55:24 PM
For some reason everytime I change the following line to 0, it changes back to 1 everytime I run the game :

BBQbeinganinsufferablebastard = 1

Capitalization is important in those conf.ini lines.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Lippy

DW how do you get to the setup to change the compression to none.

_AH_DarkWolf

il2setup.exe in your main game directory, under the video tab.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

DW, Can you please point me to your old post with the Spit pics and screen shots of the Nvidia settings.

I reinstalled Win10 and is set my card settings to default.

~S

_AH_Col._Hogan

Looks like I found it, but all the pics are missing.

~S