Battle-Sights - v4.0 effects mod.

Started by _AH_Slikk, August 20, 2011, 01:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Slikk

Battle-Sights - v4.0 effects mod.

This is a list of the effects that have been altered or added to Battle-Sights.

Fire, water, smoke, and con-trails have been streamlined for more smoke on the screen at any given time.
All fire, smoke, and craters last throughout the entire mission with the exception of ship fire because any ship crew would make it top priority to put out any fire ASAP.
---------------------------- Land -----------------------------
House fire and smoke redone. (Layered Effects)
New destroyed bridge effects. (New game coding)
New fire and smoke effects for destroyed tanks, cars, armor, trains and other vehicles.
New train pipe smoke effects.
New train explosion effects. (New game coding)
Takeoff ground dust reduced.
Engine startup effect enhanced.
Static aircraft fire and smoke effects reworked. (New game coding)
Aircraft impact fire and smoke redone.
Some destroyed building effects were fixed. (New game coding)
---------------------------- Sea -----------------------------
New big medium and small ship damaged fire and smoke effects. (Each class of ships has its own separate effect)
New destroyed ship gun fire and smoke effects.
New ship gun fire and smoke blast effects.
New destroyed ship explosions. (New game coding)
New fishing boat fire effect.
New ship puff effect.
New ship pipe smoke effects.
New sea plane takeoff spray effect.
Water splash reworked.
Water spread redone. (New visual effect, and it can now be seen from very high altitude)
Rocket impact (water spread) added. (New game coding)
Water splash for nukes reworked. (New game coding)
---------------------------- Air -----------------------------
New mid air explosion effect. (New game coding)
New damaged aircraft 3D fire and smoke effects. (Fires, hit sparks, debris, fuel leaks, engine damage, oil leaks, etc.) (New game coding)
New jet engine smoke. (New game coding)
New aircraft rocket engine smoke. (New game coding)
New 3D con-trails. (I've had over 168 con-trails on screen without any of them disappearing)
New wingtip vortices effect.
New dump fuel effect. (BombBay Doors Plus v2.5 is needed for this to work)
AI overheat and Full throttle effect merged for 4.09. (New game coding)
---------------------------- AA Weapons -----------------------------
New 3D rocket smoke effect.
Rocket smoke has also been extended. (Stock rocket smoke would cut out in mid flight. Now it will last all the way to impact. (New game coding)
50 cal. bullet smoke con-trails. (New game coding)
50 cal. tracer color reworked. (The distant tracer color is now the same as the initial tracer color) (New game coding)
Ejected bullet and cannon shell casings reduced.
---------------------------- AG Weapons -----------------------------
New 10 Kg 50 lb 250 lb 1000 lb 5000 lb and rocket impact explosion effects. (New game coding)
New napalm explosion effect. (New game coding)
Nukes reworked. (New game coding)
New bullet and cannon ground impact effects. (Hit sparks, ricochet, ground dust and smoke) (New game coding)
Ground impact effects for the Mk-108 and 37mm cannon rounds have been changed from bomb explosion effects to thick dirt spray effects. (New game coding)

NOTE: For those that find the damaged aircraft smoke a little too thick for their liking, there is an additional folder that comes with this mod named (00 - Battle-Sights - v4.0 Damage Smoke Lite). This makes some of the damaged aircraft smoke more transparent.
The 00 - Battle-Sights - v4.0 Damage Smoke Lite option can be accessed through the JSGME.

NOTE: You will have to activate the Extended Rocket Smoke through the JSGME because there is a conflict between the Ultra Pack and HSFX versions of this effect.
The 00 - Battle-Sights - v4.0 Extended Rocket Smoke UP 2.01 - 4.09 can be accessed through the JSGME.
The 00 - Battle-Sights - v4.0 Extended Rocket Smoke HSFX - 4.09 can be accessed through the JSGME.

Special thanks to:

HolyGrail & Potenz Effects Co.
stuka 40
Lion 98
Socorrista
Th!rdeye
Buffy
Maven
Slipry
Fly!
Fabianfred
Eexhaton

Compatibility:
Rather than making a list of effects mods that Battle-Sights - v4.0 will not be compatible with, I'll make this easy. It will NOT be fully compatible with any other effects mod. In addition, the explosions class file (72DCDDF4D2AD25E8) will absolutely be needed for this mod to work properly. Without it, the majority of the effects in this mod will not show up in game because there has been an extensive amount of editing to add new effects to the game as well as adding additional effects to the existing ones. For those who like to tinker, I would also like to urge you to keep the rest of the class files and not mix and match them with other effects mods. There are not many class files in this mod but they all have an effect on some aspect of the mod.

To Install:
Copy the contents of the Battle-Sights-v4.0_Download folder into your IL-2 1946 Root folder. When asked to overwrite, say yes to all.

To uninstall:
Delete the folder (Battle-Sights - v4.0) from your mods folder.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8euxrdbibhbmx43

Another mod that I highly recommend to go along with this one is (Battle Sounds v2). The two mods work really well together.

Battle Sounds v2 Link:
http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?topic=3237.0

Enjoy!

Slikk

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Reaching for my 10 foot pole..or..is this an OFFICAL download thingie?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Johnny

is this 72DCDDF4D2AD25E8 file something we have to get or is it included in the download?
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_z5o

Slikk, Ill need you to explane the setup and install of this MOD before I can install. The last thing I wat to do is mess something up.
Thanks Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Slikk

@ Johnny

It's included.

@ Z

No problem I'll be glad to help.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Slikk

_AH_z5o

Ok, Ive downloaded everything I need, I think. When you get a chance Slikk Ill need your help getting this to work. No big rush, just when ever you feel like it.
Thanks Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

HA_50

:CC  Works great. Damn good job Slikk

_AH_Slikk

_AH_Gonzo

Got a chance to play around with some of Slikk's mods today and I'm impressed. There are a very few minor gripes and on occasion can be a bit over the top, but the effects over all rock! The look of the game feels different, and the frame rate hit is minimal.

Thanks Slikk!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Duff4r

Very nice Slikk,

Installed and running very well.

S!
Duff4r

_AH_Nimble

I cant tell you how much I truely appreciate Slikks mods.... so far they perform very well and I almost have to duck when flak goes off near my plane...lol thankyou again slikk :happy-112:

_AH_Slikk

For those of you that downloaded Battle-Sights - v4.0 prior to 9-1-2011, you should re-download.

The 109 engine exhaust smoke did not work and the cannon smoke for the Me 262 was way too big. They have now been fixed.

Just hit the download link in the first post...

Slikk