IL-2 1946 HSFX - Installation

Started by _AH_Duff4r, September 24, 2012, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Note here! It is NOT ENOUGH to make a shortcut to the updater...It simply will not run! You must download and install it to your game.

You been warned!

See my posts on HSFX for the download link. It is very small and takes seconds to do. Again, it may ask you to install C++ redistributable on your computer. This is a good thing to have anyway and a necessity for HSFX.

Duff

_AH_Gonzo

I surrender... So far I've tried to install it onto a copy of the current game and from scratch onto a 4.09m game with no luck.

:unhappy-059:

Anyone with PayPal in the US with a working version of HSFX willing to copy and ship it out to me?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Do you mean a clean 4.11.1, Gonz? Cause I don't think it's supposed to install into 4.09.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Nimble

Gonzo...  I have HSFX on a thumb drive... and if you will give me your address I will ship to  you pronto..... Jack has copied it for us to pass around.... will ship air mail.. :happy-112:

_AH_Gonzo

Thanks Nimble, but only if you let me re-reimburse you for the shipping and the thumb drive.

_AH_Gonzo

:lol-029:  After only 8 tries, I think I've got it!

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Gonzo on November 21, 2012, 12:46:26 AM
:lol-029:  After only 8 tries, I think I've got it!

So Gonz..Tell us what you think was in error or what you did that was wrong...it may help others.

All it is so very important that you read the instructions in my first post here and follow them step-by-step. Failure to complete any step will result in an error. MOST IMPORTANT ===>

YOU MUST START WITH A CLEAN 4.11.1 INSTALL. ANYTHING ELSE WILL FAIL.

Regards,
Duff

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Duff...I don't quite understand "clean" 4.11.1    Is the game I now use every day 'clean' or is it unuseable and I have to get something else someplace somehow???      :help-sos-sos-29402:
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Nimble

Gonzo.... lnot to worry, about any shipping...costs ... they are minor and you will re emburse me by shipping the thumbdrive to its next destination.... which is who ever needs it next....  that way we all contribute to the squad upgrade..... and it my honor to do so!!

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on November 22, 2012, 05:40:04 PM
~S~ Duff...I don't quite understand "clean" 4.11.1    Is the game I now use every day 'clean' or is it unuseable and I have to get something else someplace somehow???      :help-sos-sos-29402:

TD, clean just means the stock IL-2 with no mods like UP 3.0 or HSFX. The current stock game is IL-2 1946 4.11.1. You are using IL-2 1946 4.10.1m with the UP 3.0 RC4 modification.

No worries you're going to get a Thumb drive with it all set up. You'll copy it to you computer and off ya go!

Duff

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      OK Duff...Turbo has it on a thumb drive and he said he would come over to my house and DL it for me.

_AH_Gonzo

QuoteSo Gonz..Tell us what you think was in error or what you did that was wrong...it may help others.

QuoteDo you mean a clean 4.11.1, Gonz? Cause I don't think it's supposed to install into 4.09.

Doing it the way the way Duff4r posted just didn't work for me. Why, still not sure.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, attempts were with a clean version of 4.09 that I updated as specified. I could get the game to run as 4.11.1 with no problems but it just wouldn't launch after installing HSFX.

With tries 4, 5, and 6, I just screwed around trying to find how it actually works... What it added, and what it deleted.

The I found a 4.07 version of the game and updated it step by step all the way to 4.11.1. Then I installed HSFX. Then installed the auto updater. It worked.

Why, not really sure still.

As for my missions comment earlier... I had some down loaded campaigns that I added to the game, I also created some training missions based on the ones that come with the game. For some reason a lot of those don't work now. My thinking is that while HSFX has the same maps as before, the map coordinates have been altered. I'm still experimenting as time permits.

I do like the game as I mentioned.... I just can't believe that they got rid of the FJ-2.

_AH_Gonzo

AIs in HFSX.... Big change in tactics and capability!

They buggers are shear evil now!! I set up a quick dogfight map. 32 blue vs 32 red. All different aircraft types, all different skins, all set to "Veteran". Then I got my backside handed to me!!

First off, like I mentioned in an earlier post, the sounds had me drooling so bad that the first time I ran it I was too busy having a stupid grin on my face to realize that I'd gotten shot down!

Rounds 2,3, and 4 observations:

AIs accuracy is lower than before.
AIs do not see through cloud as before.
It is easier to sneak up on a wingman if he's following his leader.
Wingmen will break off of their leader and attack you even if you don't shoot at their lead.
AIs will push their aircraft right to the performance envelope trying to get a kill. No super human moves, but they if they have any energy advantage at all, you're in for a very rough time.
AI defensive man are a little more constrained than they used to be... No super crazy rolling around but really yank and bank stuff. Still very hard to hit but more accurate than before.

The AIs have gotten a lot tougher when set to veteran. Watch your 6!

_AH_DarkWolf

What do you mean when you say they won't work though, is it a loading error? Are aircraft/ships/objects missing?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
    Still corn-fused. My game is...UP3.0 RC4   4.10.1m patch

I can not find 4.11.1 clean or otherwise anywhere in my computer.