F4U-1Ds and 1Cs

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, May 23, 2013, 03:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

S! chaps,

In a few weeks we are going to be starting a late war US navy carrier campaign, during which we'll be flying among other types the F4U-1D and maybe 1C corsairs. I've done some schemes for these types for that period with some of the various carrier markings they used. I know there was some interest from some guys to get a skin so I might as well do em for anyone who wants em. I put together a pack of blanks so you can see some of the various markings to pick from. You can get that here : http://rapidshare.com/files/1426803304/CarrierCampaignF4UBlanks.zip

I included versions with yellow bands for squadrons I've seen them applied too, some have colored prop hubs and some have the tape forward of the cockpit. Those are all things I could turn on or off or tweak. The yellow bands were applied during strikes around tokyo in early 45 I believe. The pea green spinner hub is something that was used on all Yorktown aircraft, not sure about the others.

All these squadrons used numbers to identify individual aircraft but there was no fleet wide standard so size, style and placement vary from unit to unit. If you give me your favorite number I can add that. If you have a name or noseart you want, get it too me and I'll see what I can't do.

There is only one option for the F4U-1C from the Shangri-La.

So if you want a corsair skin get with me here or by PM.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jetdoc

S~! sir if you can would like number # 23 and here is my nose art

_AH_Autorotate

:drinking-43:

cheers DW, got my project for today.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Cool beans!   Time to start diggin up some nose arts.  :lol-029:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Jetdoc on May 23, 2013, 12:11:35 PM
S~! sir if you can would like number # 23 and here is my nose art

On what skin though? There are some carrier marking options in the blank pack above, or did you want none of those markings?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jetdoc

_AH_DarkWolf

Ok, for the ones with the nose band I was gonna include one with, one without anyways.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

Though here's a question Jet, did you want just the artwork or the "Fly Navy For the Boys" text too?

DW

_AH_Jetdoc

yes I would like to have the text there I guess you would have to change the color of the text if it is not to hard
if it starts to be come a pain in the rearend just leave the text off Thank you DW

Jetdoc

_AH_Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on May 26, 2013, 11:44:23 PM
~S~
My nose art choice please.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x72/BrotherBear_01/psp3299m.jpg

I also need a number and what carrier markings you want, if any. The blank pack in the first post has a bunch of options.

Same goes for Gator, he gave me a noseart choice and number but no mention of what if any carrier markings.

DW

_AH_Gator

S! Darkwolf I have to ask my CO  Olds about that carrier marking sir   Gator

_AH_DarkWolf

All requests so far are filled, with the exception of Duff4r. You mentioned Felix the Cat noseart but no number or what carrier markings you want, if any.

DW

_AH_Archie

I will take what ever is left over in the spare parts department.  Only request is #11 on the tail but I am still #1 in your heart

~S~

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_DarkWolf

I've already done a couple F4U-1Ds for you, I'll make you a 1C to go with it.

DW