Computer issues

Started by _AH_Lippy, September 23, 2016, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

Guys I left a very detailed message for Jack on Facebook. My work computer wont access my personal email accounts we have been locked out almost completely from surfing the net. Anyway i think my video card is failing after about 10 15 minutes it goes dark. my deck has emptied my savings so I am not sure when I will be able to afford another card. I launched my offline game last night right after making a few post here and as soon as the graphics kicked in it went dark, i could hear the audio. My monitor is all plugged in tight so I dont think it is my monitor. Which is cheap to replace. but if I am going to get a card it will be a nice one so I can play Nascar Heat evolution online. Yes here we go again so standby, I might earn my second gomer lmao. So I will stay in touch I might take into the shop on Monday for diagnostics to make sure my hunch is right. I will send messages to Jack via FB. If you dont mind Jack. Weren't we just talking about how old some of our rigs are and wham my messes up after 7 years. Hogan i would like to implement a new rule no talking how old computers are allowed on comms it is just too expensive LOL. See ya guys when I see ya

_AH_DarkWolf

This may be a stupid question but are the video card fans spinning? Its not dusted up and overheating or something?

You say you can hear the sound in the background, so its not locking up the computer and resetting it or anything?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Nimble

aww sorry to hear bout the computer problems Lippy...... and when you do get that video card and the new nascar game... watch out for that little 13 year old girl who smokes everybody in nascar heat..... :happy-112:   will give you a call when I get back from sacromento

_AH_Lippy

Well I pulled out my laptop I bought in Japan two years ago. DW I am going to tear it apart tonight and see if the fans are running and clean it up its due anyway. I found a video card nividia 960 3 gb for 190 bucks and I have 250 in the change jar. So in the next few days I will determine what to do.
Short Jack stated that you would send a video card to me and I gave Jack the address to my place I don't think I will need it. I think I can repair this thing in a couple weeks anyway. But I want to thank You very much for stepping up Thanks. So Got some work to do catch ya later

_AH_Lippy

Well now the 960 came in the mail it is nice to catch them with a sale on delivery order it on Sunday and got it today. Though I do not have time mess around with it I just hope the research I did is coorect and the power supply and pci hook up is the same. I am 95% certain it will bolt right in. Though I want to start with a clean install of windows and drivers for this card. So Saturday Night I will sit down and do my best to get this beast up and running again. I hate Sundays and Tuesday without flying man I was bored. So hopefully I will be up and running for FNF and of course Bears Camp. Which is why I am requesting an aircraft.

_AH_Lippy

Video card works great this time I have put the tower on top of my desk so the dust and dirt wont be so hard to see. Working good so far. Hope to see ya tonight