Deal'n Dave's - Solomon Islands Campaign

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 13, 2017, 01:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

I've completed Part 3 of the Solomon Islands Campaign, missions 13-18.  They've been sent to Jack.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

If you'd like Dave I could help you make some larger target area images or maps. Like this one based on your Mission 1 image.

With this link you can right click and open in a new window to see it full screen.

https://s18.postimg.org/ykj26rvc9/M1_Map.jpg

Another idea would be to make waypoint maps. You could launch the game offline then select a group of aircraft, adjust the map zoom so it nicely fits the area covered by the waypoints and crop that area out of a screenshot. So you end up with something like this :

Which is kinda nice to have since it has not only the paths but the grids as well. You could create one for each group if they are coming/going from different places.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Very kool DW ... I'll make a way point map as well and attach to the mission thread.  Much appreciated !!!
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

I've completed Part 4 (missions 18-24) to the campaign.  I've sent them to Jack.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

S~ DW,

If possible could you enlarge the maps I've posted in the mission thread? If so, that would be awesome !!!  :)  Thanks  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on April 03, 2017, 10:04:33 PM
S~ DW,

If possible could you enlarge the maps I've posted in the mission thread? If so, that would be awesome !!!  :)  Thanks  :)

If you left click on them they become a little bigger. The forum automatically resizes large images but if you left click it shows you the full size.

I think as they are they are a good size, even when made larger by left clicking they are not too big and are easily readable.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Hey DW, starting with mission #2, the group will also be flying P-400's of the 69th FS / 347th FG.  The 67th will flying for at 15+ missions. So, if possible could you do a skin for the P-400's as well.  Thanks, and very much appreciated !!!
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Ok, I moved your last post into this general thread to keep the request threads topical, Dave. Yes I can do P-400s, the only one I've ever skinned is a 67th FS one for Guadalcanal. When new types are coming I'll take all the advanced warning I can get.

I also changed the title of the thread where you are posting the briefs to "Solomon Campaign Briefs". On the main page this thread and that one appeared to be the same due to the cut-off titles.

DW

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Thanks much DW for all your help ... it's very much appreciated !!!

Also, thanks for doing the 67th skin  :)

The only other plane in the "near" future will be the early TBF-1, that should be arriving during mission - 03.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Col._Hogan

For those that aren't familiar with the history of our current campaign -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOSyAlaeES4

~S

_AH_Col._Hogan

Won't make the mission tonight...

Something silly like being a responsible father or some other what not.

S!

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

If that you tube video is true then our game is no where close to reality!!!
_AH_Gatlingun

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_gatlingun on July 25, 2017, 10:43:37 PM
~S~

If that you tube video is true then our game is no where close to reality!!!
S~ All,

Gatlingun is correct that the campaign is different from the reality of the war.  However, we are flying in the spirit of what actually occurred.  Gatlingun, the primary reason that the missions are not exactly like what happened is because I have to allow for the amount of people that are going to fly the mission.  I have to set up each mission with a possible 28 active players. 

Those History Channel episodes show most times that our men were flying 4-6 planes against large enemy numbers.  The battles are often very short, no more 10-15 minute engagements, sometimes less and sometimes more.  With this in mind I also have to consider the AI planes.  During actual combat of those times, the enemy would turn and run due to our pilots training and tenacity.  If I were to put in the amount of AI planes that were in the actual battle, our simulation would be unwinnable . The AI do not turn and run as was the case in the war.

But, the missions I recreated are based on actual events and facts that I've been able to research.  So, I think it's a bit unfair to say that the campaign is "no where close to reality."
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_gatlingun

~S~ Dave

You have misunderstood,I was not talking about your missions,there is absolutely nothing wrong with campaign,I was talking about the actions and reactions of the aircraft in the game itself. Sorry you misunderstood,I have no complaints about your campaign or missions!!!!
_AH_Gatlingun

AH_DealnDave

S~ Gatlingun ...

No worries, no harm done ... "AND", I agree with you very much on how the planes, especially the AI, react in this game.  The AI give me fits at times when they act correctly the first time only to go completely off in another direction the next.  But, that's what we have to deal with.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave