Map_Italy Expanded by Count Zero for jsgme

Started by Kopfdorfer, April 10, 2018, 12:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kopfdorfer

DealnDave asked me to put a link up for this map.
I believe he has something brewing on it for future use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vet8jh5128rn890/Map_ItalyExp_CountZero.zip?dl=0

1) Download the file.
2) Create a temp folder on your desktop.
3) Move the zip file to the temp folder.
4) Unzip the zip file inside the temp folder.
5) Copy the unzipped folder "Map_ItalyExp_CountZero" and paste it into your HSFX Game/jsgmemods folder.
6) With your game turned OFF , activate your JSGME.exe
7) De-activate any other jsgme map mods.
8) Activate the "Map_ItalyExp_CountZero" map by highlighting it and
    hitting the Right Arrow command. When the map show up on the Activated side of the JSGME ,
9) Start your game and if you have done everything correctly , if you start your FMB you will see the
    "Map_ItalyExp_CountZero" under the Maps/Mediterranean tab.

Kopfdorfer

AH_DealnDave

Excellent Kopf ... Thanks much for posting the map and it's instructions.

OK guys, we will be going to this map in a future campaign, after we visit the Philippines (following Sicily).  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

Sounds like you guys are talking about adding mods to the game that everyone is going to have to have. If we go this route these things should be discussed as a group and thoroughly tested beforehand. As we always say, messing with any non eye/ear candy mods should be done in a separate install of the game.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on April 10, 2018, 02:28:50 AM
Sounds like you guys are talking about adding mods to the game that everyone is going to have to have. If we go this route these things should be discussed as a group and thoroughly tested beforehand. As we always say, messing with any non eye/ear candy mods should be done in a separate install of the game.

DW
This map is just a JSGME addition, much like the carrier take-off mod or Perfect map textures. This is not a "major" mod involving numerous patches or a version upgrade. It's just a simple install.

However, if the squad does not want to use this map ... no worries.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

Kopfdorfer

Hey Guys,

I want to clear up a point that seems to not be well understood.

The whole purpose for the design of the JSGME (Jones-Soft-Generic-Mod-Enabler)  by Dr. Jones  was to permit experimentation with mods ,
              (adding and removing mods quickly and easily) in such a way as to NOT risk any damage to the parent game/sim.

The only serious error you can make utilizing it is to change which mods are enabled when the game has already been started.

While that is a royal PITA (personal experience here) , it too can be repaired.

If you understand this , with a few seconds work , your game has vast new horizons , with minimal risk to your base install.

And because we all have a full vanilla HSFX backup (we do DON't WE ?) , the possibilities are endless.

The flexibility of this system should be understood and not feared.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_DarkWolf

Just cause its a JSGME mod and its easy to install doesn't mean its without risk of conflicts. We need to be very careful and methodical in looking at anything that we might choose to adopt as a Group Level Add-on. AH has had all kinds of experience with guys installing stuff that is only supposed to do X but later found out it was also doing Y and Z, resulting in issues.

Is this map specifically meant to be used with HSFX7? This is somebody's dropbox link, where is the source? Is there a thread on sas1946.com or somewhere else?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Kopfdorfer

I placed the dropbox link at DealnDave's request.

The idea behind a JSGME mod is you enable it while you are using it , and disable it when you are not.
It takes a few seconds only to do either.
The jsgme enabler inserts and extracts it into and from your game.
If it isn't activated , there is no interface with your install.

The Source is Derriers Loisirs , JPDore's IL2 Site.
Here :

http://www.derrierloisirs.fr/il2/bdd2012/

JP is one of the HSFX Experts who continues to provide advances to HSFX even since Charlie Chap's (he is the guy who built HSFX) retirement.
JP worked with Charlie on developing HSFX and with 4Shades (SEOWHQ) to make additions that work specifically with HSFX and within SEOW
(Scorched Earth Online War Campaign System).

The use of the JSGME is the lowest risk engine to add to HSFX to expand what HSFX7 provides to the user, and since there is unlikely to be
any further development from Charlie (he has moved on) , is really the only safe method to do so - especially as a group flying online (rather than an individual
flying exclusively off line where it doesn't matter).

I am willing to bet there are members of Aces High with a separate "Mods" or "SAS" or "UP" folder running all the time ,
all of which represent a greater risk of messing up an HSFX install than by using the JSGME.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_DarkWolf

The forum link for the map goes to a 242sqn link, that site is now defunct.

I notice this guy says to activate only one map mod at a time. So if we ever chose to add more than one map we would'nt be able to keep em all enabled at once I guess? Just thinking of something like COOP Night if we're flying several missions and someone wants to run one with one of these maps, we'll need to drop back to HL and fiddle our JSGME bits and relaunch.

DW

Kopfdorfer

Yes ,

242 Sqdn was Charlie Chap's Squad.
       They have been defunct for somewhere around two years (maybe more).
       I heard the squad still communicates on facebook, but I don't do facebook.

Kopf

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on April 10, 2018, 08:15:22 PM
The forum link for the map goes to a 242sqn link, that site is now defunct.

I notice this guy says to activate only one map mod at a time. So if we ever chose to add more than one map we would'nt be able to keep em all enabled at once I guess? Just thinking of something like COOP Night if we're flying several missions and someone wants to run one with one of these maps, we'll need to drop back to HL and fiddle our JSGME bits and relaunch.

DW

Only if you want to run one of the other mod maps.. regular ones will be ok..

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on April 10, 2018, 11:24:19 PM
Only if you want to run one of the other mod maps.. regular ones will be ok..

Yeah, of course the ones that comes with HSFX will be fine. I mean if we ever had Mod Map A and Mod Map B, this seems to indicate we'd only be able to have one at a time?

DW

_AH_Bear

In a case such as that everyone would have to switch in the JSGME