Solomon Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 29, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

I think we should climb 10 mi before reaching Bougainville.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on September 19, 2017, 08:42:49 PM
I think we should climb 10 mi before reaching Bougainville.

Yeah popping up before we expect contact would be my preference but I'm not sure we're allowed. How set in stone is the brief regarding this?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

The actual mission had the 38's flying in low until roughly ten miles from their probable target area. This allowed the CAP planes and the attack planes to gain some altitude prior to sighting their targets.

I think that climbing a bit before is tracking along on how it happened in history.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_z5o

Wouldn't you just love to hear the back story, in detail, about how that plane got to where it is now. I bet it was an epic moment to had witnessed.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Col._Hogan

I know how it got there.

Five very good friends of mine, one twenty mike mike and four point five oh's

AH_DealnDave

S~ All ...

See told ya ... uneventful  ;)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Good turn-out for mission - 22a, we had 19 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - September 26th.

"Solomon Islands Campaign"
Mission - 23
Date: May 10th, 1943

After Action Report:

Great Job hitting Yamamoto's plane !!!  The enemy has lost one of the great commanders.  Now they will be trying to figure out who to put in charge. This disruption will no doubt have negative effects on their decision making abilities in the coming months.

Intelligence:

Since our capture of the Russell's, the enemy has increased their operations three fold.  However, at the rate we are destroying their aircraft, fighters imparticulary, the enemy air operations may have reduced fighter cover for their bombers.  Though, this is only an educated guess.

At this time the enemy still has a strong air-power presence here in the Solomon's. We've received submaine reports that the enemy is sending two large aircraft formations down the "slot".  They could be on their way heading toward the Russell's. Our radar has picked up the 1st enemy formation in grid BX-15.

The Mission:

Scramble ... Scramble ... Scramble ...

The enemy planes are approaching from the north-west. Intercept enemy planes in grid CA-13.

P-38's hit the enemy bombers.
F4U's take care of the enemy fighters.

NOTAM's:

*All pilots to use same comms channel this mission

F4U's (1st Squad, seats 9-16)
F4U's (2nd Squad, seats 17-24)
P-38's (3rd Squad, seats 1-8)
P-38's (Spare's, HQ & Guests, seats 25-28) - AIR-START, zero fuel at this time.

Good Luck ...
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_DarkWolf

If you look on google maps, you can make out the scar where the Sunlight runway was. You can even make out the main perimeter track, they represent it really well in game. The Renard runway looks like a dirt road but its kept clear like maybe its still used for light aircraft. You can make out most of the perimeter track there too. There is a pattern to the trees in both areas, like maybe they are plantations of some kind. Maybe thats what they were before too.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

You can also see Pappy's runway on Vella Le Vella.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on September 24, 2017, 12:02:40 AM
If you look on google maps, you can make out the scar where the Sunlight runway was. You can even make out the main perimeter track, they represent it really well in game. The Renard runway looks like a dirt road but its kept clear like maybe its still used for light aircraft. You can make out most of the perimeter track there too. There is a pattern to the trees in both areas, like maybe they are plantations of some kind. Maybe thats what they were before too.

DW

do you have a lat and long?

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Bear on September 24, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
do you have a lat and long?

Hmm. This maybe? -9.095820, 159.191568. Yeah, that should bring you to the Russells.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Hmm and you wonder why i aint up to date  :lol