Big fire

Started by _AH_Bear, August 25, 2017, 10:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

Well i have mentioned that we are having an abnormal amount of forest fires this summer... this is the closest one to town so far this year ... what your seeing started at 1:30 pm yesterday Thursday Aug 24th, although its a fast forwarded video its only about 2 hours worth.. it grew superfast due to high winds and today is over 400 acres and cannot be hit with water bombers yet because the smoke is too thick and there too much debris in the air.. in the picture you can see how much yellow there is... thats all dry grass... most likely cause.... discarded cigarette butt..

https://www.facebook.com/globalokanagan/videos/1758819697473809/

_AH_Lippy

Ya and you wonder how in the hell we were smoked out. Look at that amount it is incredible like a volcano went off. You know I have never thrown a cig out the window, now my second wife did right next to a fire truck turning right. they got out and stopped traffic so she could pick it up safely. She never did it again.

MOG_DickieBoy

Good footage.
Just watch out if the smoke goes Black!
Run away! :surprised-027:

_AH_Bear

1st rain last night since May 29th, was a big thunder and lightening storm.. hope it didnt start too many fires.