Sound Issues

Started by AH_DealnDave, September 08, 2017, 09:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

S~ All ...

I'm looking for some help.  In the config.ini file under sound, sounduse=1, should be the correct entry.  However, I make sure this does =1 and save, then when I launch the game I hear no sound.  I go back and check the .ini file and find that it has changed to =0.  This does this every time I launch the game.  Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?  Thanks.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Hollywood

Maybe go into settings in the game and turn up volume ?

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Jack

Dave,
I'll send you my config.ini file.  Compare the [sound] section of mine to yours.  See if anything is different.  I have no problems with my sound in the game.

_AH_Bear

isnt there a read only thing you gotta check/uncheck in the config file properties so it will stay as saved??

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Could be you're logged in as a non admin to windows so don't by default have permission to change .ini files.  You should be getting a message telling you it won't let you, though.  Also, if the game folder is in the Program Files X86 folder, that might give you problems with .ini files. Game folder on the Root of the drive, or in the programs folder is better thant the X86 folder.

I think the thing Bear is talking about is in the properties of the file. There's a check box for read only.  Unchecked should allow you to save your changes.     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on September 09, 2017, 07:15:10 PM

I think the thing Bear is talking about is in the properties of the file. There's a check box for read only.  Unchecked should allow you to save your changes.   

Yes thats what i was meaning..

~S~ Bear

_AH_Col._Hogan

Is this in game menu? Or the config.ini?

AH_DealnDave

S~ All ...

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.  I was able to correct my sound issue, "I think".  However, I had a computer update and now my resolution, for the game only, is really off.  I've tried numerous resolution configurations and I'm still at a loss on how to correct it.

The issue I'm having is the picture I'm seeing is not filling my screen fully and it's off center.  Again, this is only happening when I launch the sim.

Any suggestions or help on how to correct this is greatly appreciated !!!   :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Dave, in the conf.ini set the resolution to the same as your desktop, or windows settings.  It the top two entries in the [window] settings in the config file ( very near the top).

width= higher number
   height= lower number   
  Mine are 1980  and  1020   but yours are probably different.  Look in your display settings for your Graphics card if you don't know what they are,

Your resolution settings will be lost in the game anytime you run the il2setup.exe from within the game folder.  They get lost because they are usually not native to the game because there was no such thing as the higher resolution settings most of us use now. 

hope that helps.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

AH_DealnDave

S~ BBQ ...

I did complete the change you recommended and now the sim is playable, however the image of the sim "still" does not fill the viewable area of my screen.  The resolution I set is 1920 x 1080.

The sim image is now centered on my screen and fills the height correctly, however, the width does not fill my screen.  I have about 2+ inches wide and the full length of the screen on either side of the image that is black.  I tried to mess with the width a bit, however, the sim didn't recognize the settings I used and would not launch the sim.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

is it set for full screen or windowed

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Check these two settings in the conf.ini

SaveAspect=0

WideScreenFoV=1

They're in the same section as the height and width settings.   

Did you check to see what your windows resolution is?  I can't tell you exactly how to check yours because your graphics card has a different menu/ settings than mine. I started my journey to discovering mine by right clicking on the desktop and found three places to look; Graphics properties, Graphics options, and Display settings. Shouldn't be too hard to find your resolution if you look for display settings, properties, and/or options, and  graphics settings, properties, or options.    I think some monitors had buttons for the menus they had in them and maybe they're in there, too.  Once you stumble upon it, it'll be obvious to you that you've found what you were looking for.

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on September 11, 2017, 11:19:01 PM
Check these two settings in the conf.ini

SaveAspect=0

WideScreenFoV=1
S~ BBQ ...

The WideScreenFoV=1 setting was incorrect.  I've changed it to the proper setting and I now have full screen.  Thanks much !!!!  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Glad you got it working.