Death Race 2018

Started by _AH_BBQhead, January 06, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twenty

"consult the manual on your aircraft type" What manual, the flyable aircraft guide?

_AH_Twenty

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Bear

Indeed.. i liked to alot... sneaky Double Dime...   sneaky.. hahha :surprised-027:

Kopfdorfer

Okay , I slapped one together. You're not going to like it - it requires teamwork !

Deathrace 5 - Hunters and Hares

Each Race will have 2 Teams.
(Teams can change after each flight - the flights will be no more than 15 minutes or so)

One Team (one section of 2 Aircraft) is the Hunters.
(NOTE : 2 DIFFERENT Hunters must fly each race !)
Everyone Else is the Hares.
Both sides are limited to 30% Fuel.

The Hares must fly ~ 40 km to , land and park at Tula West.

The Hunters must fly as a Team and attempt to destroy >50% of the Hares , before they (the Hares) land and park >50% of their number at Tula West.

Both Hunters must spawn at the same spawn point (whichever one they choose) - after the Hares all spawn , so the Hares will not know the direction of attack.

The Hunters may attack any Hare not parked on an illuminated circular hardstand.
Note that the Airfield at Tula West is well defended with AAA , so the Hunters will be best served to dish out as much damage as possible before they are within range of the guns.

If the Hunters win , each Hunter gets 3 Pts.
If the Hares win , each Hare gets 2 Pts.
After all races for the evening have been completed , tally the Pts to see who wins.

Aircraft Available :

For the Hunters :
1) A6M2-11
2) Spit VC (Trop) 1942
3) P-51B
4) MiG3

For the Hares :
1) B-239
2) Hawk 75A-3
3) Bf109E-3
4) MC202 Serie III

The catch is that each team determines the other team's Aircraft , and once an Aircraft Type is flown , it may not be flown again until at least 4 races have been flown (ie after all aircraft types have been flown).

Hope you like it.

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Bear

Kopfdorfer

If Deathrace is on tonight , those who show up can decide whether they would prefer to fly Deathrace 5 "Hunters and Hares" (we didn't fly it last week)
or Deathrace 4 "Island Hop" which I didn't have ready last week.

Kopfdorfer

Kopfdorfer

Deathrace 4 "Island Hop"

I know this is out of order , but I completed Deathrace 5 "Hunters and Hares" first.

Deathrace 4
Map : Stock Pacific Islands

Start on the southern Island.
Leg 1. Fly to the northern Island.
Leg 2. Fly to the southern Island.
Leg 3. Fly to the northern Island.
Leg 4. Fly to the southern Island.

Each leg must be flown in a different airframe.

The only safe area is the parking area at each field.

The finish area IS NOT SAFE.
At the Finish Area , there are numbered hangars.
The pilot of the functional aircraft parked in the lowest numbered hangar at the end of 60 minutes wins.

Kopfdorfer

Kopfdorfer

Deathrace 6 Carrier Hunt

This is a multi-tasking Mission Design.
Originally conceived as a training platform , it has morphed into a Deathrace Mission.

Fly between Makin Atoll and a USN Aircraft Carrier in poor weather using Radio Navigation.

Welcome to the world of USN Radio Navigation.
This Mission uses YE and YG Hayrake Beacons as navigation aids in poor weather.

Consult your IL2 1946 v4.10 Guide on Pages 28-34 for background information and details.
We are based on Makin Atoll for this exercise.
Have a Hayrake Pie Chart Diagram Ready for the Mission.
If you don't have these they are both available for download at Mission4Today.

There are  6 USN Aircraft Carriers on station around the Atoll.
Each is equipped with a YE "Hayrake" radio navigation system.
Makin Atoll has just been equipped with the land-based version of "Hayrake" - a YG Beacon.

Pilots will spawn SINGLY into each of the (6) carriers.
(No more than 1 pilot per Carrier !).
Excess Pilots will spawn into the Airbase at Makin.

Your task is to fly your FM-2 Wildcat from Makin to your Carrier and back , or conversely from your Carrier to Makin and back.

Your Carriers will be moving , and the weather is bad , so dead reckoning is not recommended.

On the Ground and on the Carrier Deck you are IN A SAFE ZONE  !!!

Anywhere else  :  FAIR GAME !

Carrier 1Yorktown CV5  ID Code "BD" YE Codes                 ZVT/EIL/ORD/AGF
Carrier 2 Saratoga CV3 ID Code  "AR"  YE Codes                RCO/FVU/PEB/IXD
Carrier 3 Lexington CV2 ID Code "AM" YE Codes                 ZLG/EIR/PUS/CNO
Carrier 4 Intrepid CV11 ID Code  "CT"   YE Codes                FLK/CVO/SWG/TIP
Carrier 5 Essex CV9  ID Code     "CM"   YE Codes                NUR/IKG/PVA/BHL
Carrier 6 Enterprise  CV6  ID Code "BO" YE Codes               VTU/KIB/DRA/MCP
Makin Atoll                      ID Code  "CA"  YG Codes (permanent)   DWR/KAN/UGM/LFS

See you Wednesday.

Kopf

_AH_Bear

It is my experience that the Ships codes may not be the same everytime you load the game...  best to check when in game by hitting the "Tab" key. The YG code will always be the same tho.. I look forward to this..

Kopfdorfer

Okay Guys ,

Here is what you need to do to set up for hearing/reading Morse Code during the missions.

1) On your Main IL2 Game Page Open your "INPUT" Menu (Lower right button).

2) Go to "MISC SETTINGS"                 

3) Under the "GENERAL" Tab - Enable Morse Chat Messages - Switch Left , Light On

4) Under the "HUD" Tab - Show Morse as Text                    - Switch Left , Light On

5) Under the "Server" Tab - Show Morse as Text                 - Switch Left , Light On

Now you can fly in and host missions with Morse Messages activated.
                  The Morse will show up as text and sound in your game.
                  These settings are necessary to navigate by YE and YG beacons.

Find Below a dropbox link to the IL2 v4.10 Guide which has information pertinent to radio navigation
                  on pages 28-34.
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/irq5u7266sk57zw/4.10_Guide.pdf?dl=0

Here is a duplicate link for Bear's page of blank Hayrake Pie Chart Diagrams.
                  I suggest you print a few out now.

https://s25.postimg.org/giazcgc7j/Download-page.jpg

I also suggest you INK in the top left as YE (permanent codes for all land based
                  hayrake beacons) in the following wedges starting with 0-30 degrees (top right wedge) , one letter
                  per 30 degree slice.
                  DWR/KAN/UGM/LFS

Once in game in a mission with Hayrake Beacons , if you hit your "Tab" Key ,
                  just below your AI Comms choices ,  all YG Code Sources (Allied Carriers) will be listed.
                  Each Carrier will have a two letter Code ID , such as "Essex CV9 "CA". 
                  In addition the beacons will show up on your kneemap with their ID codes.
                  Each Carrier YG beacon will have 12 code slots like for the YE above ,
                  however the code sections (pie slices) will be labelled differently for each carrier for each mission -
                  a security feature so the enemy can't determine which carrier is where.                 
                  In your blank Hayrake Diagrams , fill in the Carrier Name and ID code in the centre ,
                  and label each slice of pie in the Hayrake diagram with a one letter code corresponding
                  starting with the 0-30 degree wedge (0 degrees is straight up).
                  If your ingame YG Codes were USS Essex CV9 "CA"  ABC/DEF/GHI/JKL ,
                  your Hayrake digram should look like this :

Using the above example ,  when you receive a morse signal of "J" it means the signal is coming from 270-300 degrees.
                 In order to return to your carrier you must take a RECIPROCAL BEARING (add 180 degrees).
                 (Unless I am receiving a signal astride 2 morse digits such as IJ , I just plot dead between the
                 bearings by adding 15 degrees , so for a "J" reading in this case , my reciprocal bearing would be
                                                 (270 + 15 = 285 + 180 = 105 degrees)
                 - I never heard anyone else say this , but it makes sense to me and it works)

You must also be aware that about every 90 seconds (?) the YE/YG beacon sends out an ID burst - in this instance "CA",
                 and you have to be careful not to take this as the direction of the bearing.

It's actually quite easy , and with practice you probably won't even need the pie chart diagram.

Kopf

_AH_Bear

Makes sense to me.. :happy-112:

_AH_Bear

That was fun.. Jellyman is the winner.. Twentys a bad bad man

_AH_Twenty

It was really fun....But we must Ban Bear also.

_AH_Bear

Twentys turning into a grumpy old man... doesnt like anyone anymore.. "stay off my lawn"