Sicily Campaign Briefs

Started by AH_DealnDave, March 07, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on August 06, 2018, 03:45:57 AM
Thanks again for building these fantastic missions Dave.

S!
Thank you Sir !!!  It has been a pleasure to provide the squadron with some fun entertainment.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on August 06, 2018, 03:39:46 AM
Good turn-out for mission - 21, we had 18 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - August 7th.

"Sicily Campaign"
Mission - 22
Date: August 7th, 1943

After Action Report:

Nice work hitting the enemy troop convoys and trains along the north coast road.  The enemy has lost some vital equipment and troops. The group also destroyed 10+ enemy aircraft in the air.

Intelligence:

Good Afternoon Gentlemen ... The group's tasking for today is another run along the north coast road, we will be attacking enemy troop and supply convoys, as well as, trains in grids CC-27 thru CE-27. 

We've also been assigned a "add-on" mission to cover an amphibious assault at the village of Saint Agata in grid CD-27, pad 4, on your map. The enemy is attempting to repulse the assault.

All convoys and trains are armed with AAA.

The Mission:

We are going to hit the enemy trains and convoys on the north coast road.  The target area runs from grid's CC-27 to CE-27, on your map.
Attack enemy vehicles in Saint Agata.

1st Squad (A-20) - will arm with bombs.  Attack vehicle convoys along the north coast road.
2nd Squad (P-40) - will arm with default.  CAP the strike aircraft.
3rd Squad (A-20) - will arm with bombs.  Attack trains along the north coast road.
HQ & Guests (P-40) - will arm with default.  CAP the strike aircraft.

Notam's:

All pilots to remain on same comms channel.
All aircraft are zero fuel at this time.

1st Squad (A-20) - (seats 9-32)
2nd Squad (P-40) - (seats 1-8)
3rd Squad (A-20) - (seats 33-56)
HQ & Guests (P-40) - (seats 57-60)

Good Luck ...
Here is tonight's mission ... Good Luck to All.  S~

Only "TWO" missions left after tonight's mission is completed.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Did you guys fly missions 23 & 24?
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Col._Hogan

Yesir!

We wrapped on Tue, great ending with loads of action.

Kudos DD.

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Thank you all for your kind comments !!!

I hope to have the "Awards Mission" ready by September 4th.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Nice turn-out for mission - 24, we had 13 pilots altogether !!!  Here is the next briefing to be flown on Tuesday - September 4th.

THANKS ..... to all of you that participated in this campaign !!! I hope you enjoyed flying , as much as  I enjoyed building it.  :)

And now without further a-do ... Welcome to Deal'n Dave's "Operation Husky / Sicily Campaign Ceremony".

Select your aircraft ... "THIS IS AN AIR-START MISSION"

Use the south-east approach - marked with red / white arrow for landing.

USE THE FOLLOWING PARKING AREAS:

HQ - The forward parking areas (red banners)
1st Squad - 1st row (white banners)
2nd Squad - 2nd row (white banners)
3rd Squad - 3rd row (white banners)
Guests - 4th row (white banners)

We will commence the ceremony at 21:15 EST, giving all pilots a chance to land and park.

An HQ representative will bring the ceremony to order.

HQ representative will announce the awards to the group.

After the awards presentation, open forum for anyone who would like to add their comments to the ceremony.

After all have been heard an HQ representative will close the ceremony.

Thanks to all for participating in the campaign ... Our next one will take us to the Philippines.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Here is the Operation Husky / Sicily Campaign Ribbon.

:)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Lippy

~S~ Dave I sure hope you don't take my absence as a sign of not wanting to fly your camp. I want to get my house on the market asap and it looks like I am going to be 2 weeks over due. I need a 54 inch long Bath tub and they all require ordering 2 - 4 weeks. OUCH. I was fun always are and Thank you for building exciting missions my hat is off to you. ~S~ and congrats to all awardees and to those that contributed to it Hollywood, DW, Jack

_AH_z5o

Fun fun fun, cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve the next set you come up with. Thanks for the effort and work you put in on this set of missions. Enjoyed everyone of them. S!
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Hollywood

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941