Rig down

Started by _AH_Bear, March 15, 2018, 10:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

It was bound to happen i suppose. Computers about 7 yrs old.  Pretty sure my video card went today.  So its in for a check up, cleaning and repair. Sounds like the dentist for computers.

_AH_DarkWolf

7 years, it had a good run. Upgrade time!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Yep... $300 later .. new vid card Geforce GTX 1050 2 gig .. $269 retail.. needed 2 new fans.. old ones were pooched and new cables for my second monitor..

_AH_DarkWolf

Should have gone with a 1070, only $1000! Video card prices have gone totally loco.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH__SKATtrash

#METOO...My computer just BSOD.  Windows config error. don't know when I'll be back up.

_AH_DarkWolf

Finally I've found a hack that works on SKAT's compu....I mean nothing...

DW

_AH__SKATtrash

Well I got the maple syrup cleaned out of my CPU. Had to reinstall OS; lost it all. Need latest copy of game,  just about everything else I can reload...eventually.

_AH_Jack

Shoot me a PM with your address & I'll get a thumb drive in the mail this week.

_AH_DarkWolf

Are you on Windows 7, SKAT? Normally when you reinstall it it dumps all the old stuff into a Windows.Old folder. Not sure if 10 does that or not.

DW

_AH__SKATtrash

Thanks Jack. Just sent a Email to your MSN address with info.
My old OS was an upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. Just got a reinstall of the latest Windows 10 since I could not recover all my data.

_AH_Bear

Im still Windows 7   :happy-112:

_AH_BBQhead

S~

You should be good for a couple more years, Bear. 

From Microsoft:

For those of you using a Windows 7 machine: 
      Microsoft won't end security updates for your Windows 7 PC until Jan. 14, 2020.

For those of you using a Windows 10 machine: 
Mainstream support for Windows 10 will continue until Oct. 13, 2020, and extended support ends on Oct. 14, 2025

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Bear

lol... Good.. maybe by then they'll have something better ... hahhahaha..... hahhaha .. maybe.... :surprised-027: