P-40Es for the Sicily Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, April 19, 2018, 10:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Here we go again...

This time P-40Es of the 79th FG. All their aircraft were coded x##, so for example mine would be x29. So kinda the same as the A-20s (which I have not forgotten and will get too before we need em) the numbers should be two digit from x01-x99. Though I could incorporate a 3 digit number into the serial. Some seemed to have serials, some didn't so I'll vary that.

So let me know number and noseart if you want one.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Gator

DW X99 and the moonshine Express sir :drinking-29:

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Hollywood

DW,

Yo'ure working harder than I am with the stats... sorry Man...

X13, Woody under the cockpit, current NA, no serial, how about a couple iron crosses on there, I'm not Twenty or Skat..but you know...

Thx Man!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_kawilder

AH_DealnDave

Hey DW,

I found the following images and the US markings appear to be just the star and blue circle.

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Lippy

First let me say thanks for your diligence and hard work. #44 (same color spinner as Bear) and kills mad dragon if will fit if any issues its ok to leave off.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: AH_DealnDave on April 21, 2018, 11:03:45 PM
Hey DW,

I found the following images and the US markings appear to be just the star and blue circle.

Yeah, alot of what you'll find shows those earlier markings. The summer of 43 was a transitional period where they started switching to the short lived star and bar with red surround. By the fall of 43 they started changing the red surround to blue. Whether the 79th changed all their kites at the same time or exactly when they did it I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the earlier markings persisted, maybe even some of the ones with the yellow surround.

This is the profile I based these markings on. Its interesting its dated Feb 44, which is well after they would have stopped applying the red surround. Another example of earlier markings lingering on.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Last call for these if you want em for tommorow.

Numbers taken are : 11, 13, 29, 42, 44, 54, 55, 68, 69, 70, 99

DW

_AH_fraggmann

Since my 11 is gone could you do 33?
thanks  :happy-016:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_z5o

Once again, surprise me please and thanks S!
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Turbo

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower