Dave versus the Volcano

Started by AH_DealnDave, May 07, 2018, 03:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Deal'n Dave and family are doing well.  The volcano has been pesky for a couple of days now, but we are in good shape.  My brother and his family are here and we're showing them an exciting time. :)  The lava is still flowing about 20 miles from where I live, however YESTERDAY, we were sitting on the rock wall at the Kilauea volcano observatory when the 6.9 earthquake hit ... now that was exciting ... smoke and ash running ram pit. :)

Thus far there are 10 active fissures that have opened in the effected area and quite a few homes have burned down as the lava is running through them. Two neighborhoods have been evacuated due to the poisonous sulfuric gas. We get whips of sulfur smell where we live but just very faint. So at this time we are not being threatened in any way from Pele's rumblings (Pele is a goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes and violence).

I hope to be flying with you all on Tuesday.  :)  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. all is very much appreicated !!!

Sincerely,
Dave Humphrey

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

~S~ Dave and family... good to know your all enjoying some excitement.. take lotsa pix.. haha..

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Bear on May 07, 2018, 03:52:45 AM
~S~ Dave and family... good to know your all enjoying some excitement.. take lotsa pix.. haha..
Thanks Bear,

My brother has been documenting everything ... LOL. He's going to have a virtual book by the time their trip is over.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Jack

Good news, Dave.  We were worried for you.

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Praying for you and family Dave,take care of yourself!
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Amen.

This is what BB does when he is in Hawaii -

S~

_AH_BBQhead

20 miles sounds kinda safe and at the same time kinda close  when the words erupting volcano is included. 

good luck, Dave. 

those steaks look like they've got some quality marbling going on.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

AH_DealnDave

These pics are from my front yard ... Fissure #8, Volcanic Glow  :)   Sorry wish I had a better camera.

Surreal, terrifying, and beautiful ... all at the same time.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Col._Hogan

This Pele guy sounds like a dick.

_AH_Lippy

~S~ Dave I hope fissure 8 is kind to you and leaves your home alone. I have been watching this unfold each day it seems 8 is going to be the new cone. That is some footage they show in the news of the spray holy cow. A bucket list of mine is to witness an eruption, though I am sorry it is so close to you and yours.

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on June 13, 2018, 12:49:13 AM
This Pele guy sounds like a dick.
Pele is a Goddess ... she's a girl, hehe  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on June 13, 2018, 01:57:20 AM
~S~ Dave I hope fissure 8 is kind to you and leaves your home alone. I have been watching this unfold each day it seems 8 is going to be the new cone. That is some footage they show in the news of the spray holy cow. A bucket list of mine is to witness an eruption, though I am sorry it is so close to you and yours.
Thank you Lippy for your concern, the eruption is about 15-20 miles to the east of our house and we are safe. The flow from the eruption is flowing to the east into the ocean, away from our place.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your point of view, the authorities have closed off any access to the eruption area, only the media and emergency folks are allowed anywhere close to the eruption area.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Col._Hogan