The multiple faces of Windows 10 RE-imaging

Started by _AH_z5o, May 10, 2018, 03:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

This is my 4th time Ive RE-imaging my Dell XPS 8700 back to "out of the box" state using Win10. Every time has been different. THIS time, Cortana,,, talked me through the setup. Talk about creepy, but, kewl at the same time. Now if I can move my copy of the game and all its support software over. Ill feel better.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_kawilder

I talk to or rather at my pc here, i do not want to hear it talking to me, lol.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

I've disabled and hidden Cortana as much as  Windows would let me. I forget it's there unless I'm looking through my task manager and see it. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_z5o

Its alive, ITS ALIVE!!! PC back up and running. Now if I could say the same thing for my Router. The Bonding light keep flashing and its causing all sorts of problems. My network will crash taking whatever is using it with it. Im showing all sort of bandwidth, but, it acts like Im using dialup. Frustration factor 7.

_AH_BBQhead

I'm betting you'll figure it out and it'll be something so simple you'll feel a little foolish you overlooked that bit, or it'll just start working and you won't know why.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_z5o

OMG Win10 is KILLING me. My audio issue has gotten worse with this last update. I watch a lot videos on YouTube. Everytime a video starts or changes to another sceen in the video. My volume goes full blast. Then I have to press the volume down button on my keyboard. So, everytime it does it. When my volume returns to normal its slowly getting turned all the way down. Once again, it wouldn't be a real big deal. But, Im pushing 145 watts per channel on a 5.1 system. So its REALLY BLASTING and I cant seem to fix it. Ive tried updating my drivers. No change. Ive fiddled with the audio setting without any luck. This is really starting to be a big problem.

_AH_Bear

_AH_BBQhead

S~

I'd try uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting.  They should be detected and reinstalled on the reboot.  Might help couldn't hurt.