The B-25 Build (in-progress)

Started by AH_DealnDave, June 15, 2018, 09:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

Hello All,

There was some interest in seeing how my 70" RC B-25 Mitchell Bomber is coming along during the build process, so I thought I would share some pic's as I'm moving along.  :)

This is how I got the plane out of the barn in which it has set for over a year, that's "bondo", automotive paint, and fiberglass all over the plane.

Sanded the plane (3-days ... lol) and began to lighten it as I'm going to use electric motors for power.

Added CAP stripping to the wing ribs and fabricated the ailerons.

Fabricated the electric speed control hatches and covered the aft part of the engine nacelle.

Installed aileron servos (awaiting parts shipment to complete).

Fabricated wing bolt hatch cover.

I'm now in the process of installing the rudder and elevator servos, those pics will be coming shortly. 

:)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Bear

_AH_gatlingun

_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Nice to see there's still serious modeling craftsmanship going on in the world.  Lookin' very promising, Dave.

but wow, that poor table tennis table's taking some serious abuse.   :surprised-041:   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on June 16, 2018, 03:20:24 AM
But wow, that poor table tennis table's taking some serious abuse.   :surprised-041:
Thanks all for your kind comments, very much appreciated !!!

As for the pong table BB, yes it's taken a bit of a beating, but I try to clean up every night after I'm done and it doesn't look so bad after a good wipe down.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Hello All,

Got some new parts for the B-25 in the mail today, so I'll have some update pics posted later this next week.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

So, did some work on the B-25 today. First I cut some new firewalls in prep for the motor install when they arrive in the mail, also started fitting the engine cowls.

Next I worked the battery access, it's going to go through the cockpit area.

Then lastly today I began to fit the nose glass.

I'm working on the tail blister as well but I'm waiting for some filler to dry before I can make the final fitting.

More to follow.   :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_gatlingun

~s~
Great work,keep it coming Dave
_AH_Gatlingun

AH_DealnDave

Hello All,

Here is an "UPDATE" as of today 6/29/2018:

Fabricated and installed main landing gear with "strut covers":

Installed nose gear with "strut cover":

Completed landing gear:

Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Looking very good Dave,you really do great work!
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_kawilder

It is nice to see someone actually going through the process of building a kit instead of just going and getting a BARF kit. Looking good.....makes me want to go clean off my old building table.

_AH_DarkWolf

Whats a BARF kit?  :thinking-008:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Barf = Almost Ready to Fly ... :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Here she sits, awaiting more parts to arrive in the mail.

Here's the paint scheme I'm going to use:

Salute,

AH_DealnDave