_AH_Nimble

Started by _AH_Olds, July 29, 2018, 11:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

Was reading about the fire near Redding California, which I think is near Nimble. Does anybody know if he is OK? Getting worried about him....map shows it getting closer to Redding and Anderson.

UPDATE: Found his Facebook page, and according to that he is OK...he was evacuated several days ago. He is out on the coast for a High School reunion. Thank the Lord he is ok.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Lippy

I tried to call him and that might be why he didnt answer. Good to know Olds thanks

_AH_Nimble

Hello my fine friends.... yes Nimble is just fine...thank the lord for that....thursday night we lost power and later that night came the mandatory evacuations... I ended up spending the night in my pickup and a few important things I managed to pack. The fire itself had traveled 12 miles down from whiskeytown lake ... thought i was safe with the sacromento river still between me and the flames 1.5 miles away....but the dang fire jumped the river headed directly for me.... raining ashes and smoke and lighting up the sky in RED....I could see the flames... my guess it came within 3/4 of a mile from the senior park I live in....     the smoke was terrible.... so when the sherriff came and demanded evacuation.. I helped some of my neighbors load up ...oh man it was hot.... 100 degrees at 11pm that night  ...then evacuated myself....I found a place to park where I could observe the fire and my trailer park...and stayed cool  with my  AC in my truck....but even though the fire did not reach the park they would not let me back in to grab my teeth    :lol   or my meds    so I decided to drive to the coast and get some cool fresh air and attend my reunion on saturday..  my home would either be there or not when I returned.... nothing I could do about it.   I returned on sunday... attended my class reunion  in the sweatpants and T shirt I had left in.....lol    no suit and tie for this old grumpy codger...   still smokey as hell yet... but have power and AC and Im just fine for the wear.... Salute all   :happy-112:

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Glad you are ok Nimb,Me and my Wife are praying for you and hope you are going to get through all of that mess.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Jack

Good news Nims.  Glad to hear you're OK.

_AH_Olds

Thank the Lord you're OK, Nim. Good to hear from you. So glad you're safe.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Shrtaprch

Hey Nimbs...glad to hear your doing okay!  Any hotties at your reunion?  You know their authentic if they go for the guy in the sweats!  Hope you and the neighbors make out okay...tough business that fire!

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Nimble

Thanks for the prayers and concerns my friends.... now the fire is mostly controlled but still smokey....time for me to finish my inside stuff in the house and get my storage shed put in.. then alls well.... and my computer /  bedroom  finished..... then Ill be in the friendly skies with yall :happy-112: