Author Topic: IL-2 Bodenplatte - Eye Candy  (Read 264 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
IL-2 Bodenplatte - Eye Candy
« on: August 27, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
This was a development post on Friday:

The time flows and significant changes in our main project, Bodenplatte, are on the horizon. Lead engineer Andrey Solomykin has started the huge chunk of his planned work - air compressibility modeling at high speeds which is a must for the late war period when the aircraft speeds approached the sonic barrier.

At the same time another engineer, Roman Kovalenko, is modeling a new device type in our project - turbosupercharger. The main difference between a turbosupercharger and other superchargers we already modeled in other aircraft is the fact that it is powered not by the engine shaft, but by the turbine which is rotated by the engine exhaust. Therefore, the manifold pressure created by the turbosupercharger at different engine modes has a much more complex formula and requires a much more complex physical model. The first aircraft in our sim that will have this device is P-47D-28 Thunderbolt.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:09:47 PM by _AH_Hollywood »
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
Re: IL-2 Bodenplatte - Eye Candy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 07:18:44 PM »
Nice curves.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 08:08:13 PM »
Wow!

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »
Vera nice

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »

I found a site on the internet that tracks prices of Stream games...

I will upload it soon...  the regular campaign (normally $49.99) went for as little as $16.99 USD twice this year... These are for Stalingrad and Moscow. Kuban is new so, no discounts yet.

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
~S~ AH,

I had some free time yesterday and got all the mapping done for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad (BOS).

I came accross the camera section and there are some cool features and views build within the game... they are called camera attached... what's cool is that you can cycle through aircraft (enemy or friendly), ground target (enemy or friendly) or bombs (enemy or friendly) then cycle through the "attached camera" views...

Here's one on piloted aircraft and then enemy...   Click to enlarge....

Offline _AH_Twenty

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »
You got all the mapping done......Did you lose your job?

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 11:43:20 PM »
Very nice.. i cant wait for it to go on sale.. :drinking-43:

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 02:52:24 PM »
You got all the mapping done......Did you lose your job?

No Twenty.... no banks were open Monday.... we Labor too much!