Phillippines Campaign Stats - Question to the Group

Started by _AH_Hollywood, September 20, 2018, 01:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Hollywood

~S~ Gents,

A few questions to the Group:

1) How do we want to track ship kills? In Mission 1, a few of the ships required multiple hits before sinking. Some pilots are credited with bomb hits & ships sunk, while others are credited with bomb hits only.
Most recently, we were tracking ship hits only.  Continue? or track bomb hits, and ships sunk separately?  No extra effort in this regard.

2) Do we want to track rocket hits as well? Again, its no extra effort on this end...

3) What about successful landings? Is there any interest in keeping track of a good landing opposed to a "pranged" prop or missing gear?

I ran the track and have the numbers, I will post up once I get a good consensus of items listed above.

Pilots #11 and #99 are in the dog house. What kind of farcical display of piloting was that?

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on September 20, 2018, 01:08:30 AM
~S~ Gents,

A few questions to the Group:

1) How do we want to track ship kills? In Mission 1, a few of the ships required multiple hits before sinking. Some pilots are credited with bomb hits & ships sunk, while others are credited with bomb hits only.
Most recently, we were tracking ship hits only.  Continue? or track bomb hits, and ships sunk separately?  No extra effort in this regard.

2) Do we want to track rocket hits as well? Again, its no extra effort on this end...

3) What about successful landings? Is there any interest in keeping track of a good landing opposed to a "pranged" prop or missing gear?

I ran the track and have the numbers, I will post up once I get a good consensus of items listed above.

Pilots #11 and #99 are in the dog house. What kind of farcical display of piloting was that?

Yes to all in my opinion... if the 11 is me, i had bad damage, couldnt pilot very well on my landing.. if its Archie.. well.. you know...

_AH_Hollywood

Quoteif its Archie.. well.. you know..

Yes, it was Red.... Shame Shame!

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Does the game track rocket hits in the user STAT? How would you differentiate rockets that hit ships vs other ground targets?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteDoes the game track rocket hits in the user STAT? How would you differentiate rockets that hit ships vs other ground targets?

DW

user STAT does track bomb drops, bomb hits, rockets launched and rocket hits.... So we can definitely track  accuracy as it pertains to gunnery, bomb and rocket hits... all the numbers are there.
I already registered that data from Mission 1, so when I post, you all can get a feel for it.

As for ship hits vs. ground targets.. you can tell from the stats what was going on..

Case in point, would be something like your (DW) stats:

3 EAD, 2 ships sunk... 1038 rounds fired, 147 hits, 6 rockets fired, 3 hits...   so each column is separate..   damage to enemy in one major column and pilot accuracy in another...

Something like this.... WORK IN PROGRESS :

*** Click to enlarge ***

_AH_Hollywood

*** I won't end up posting the granular stats on gunnery and ordnance, but just so you can see behind the scenes... ***

The post will be the normal size as prior Campaigns.

_AH_DarkWolf

Oh ok, I thought you were recording ship hits.

So are you going to be keeping track of our cumulative accuracy stats? Like will they add up week after week?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteSo are you going to be keeping track of our cumulative accuracy stats? Like will they add up week after week?

We can... probably not individually, but more like per squadron... Similarly to survival stats per squadron... but if there is interest in week over week for pilots.... EXCEL does all the work.. won't be hard at all.
You just build the right formula and Viola!

_AH_Archie

You just build the right formula and Viola!
[/quote]

I prefer the Violin

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

Kopfdorfer

I prefer flying behind and slightly below Archie !

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Shrtaprch

Ahh....but beware of Relief Tube Archie.....  He's not leaking fuel!