Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

F*#@!

I know that pain.

Can you afford to water proof until repairs repairs are completed?

_AH_z5o

Ya, Hogan. One good thing about being a Hippie. You always have bunch of tarps.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_z5o

Hey gang, heres a little update.
The damage is bad, but, it could had been alot worse. If the tree would had been just a little closer to the center line of my tailor it would had split my house in to. Theres a large hole in the roof about the size of a basket ball as well as a few torn and crushed side and roof panels. It looks like that corner has been bent/mashed down and some damage to the roof and wall structure. I spent the biggest part of the day placing tarps over the damage area as well as cleaning up all the debris in my bed room.  Hopefully the tarps will hold til better weather this spring so I can try to do repairs. Thatll give me sometime to gather up so cash to try to fix it. But, for now I think itll keep the rain and snow out. On the up side. I dont have to worry about that damn tree anymore. And now I can honestly say I know what a depth charge attack feels like. When that tree hit, it looked and sounded like a scene out of a old B/W WWII sub movie where their under attack from depth charges. My trailer physically jumped up sending everything in it flying. Damn-est thing Ive ever seen. Everything that was hung on a wall came off. Including my Martin 6 string breaking two strings and my Fender Stratocaster breaking the tone knob off. My banjo stayed put, luckily with no damage. The trailer itself is no longer level and has a bit of a twist to it making the outer doors a bit difficult to open and close. That Ill address that when the weather warms up. It looks like the trailer has moved about an inch or two on its foundation, but, seems to be holding steady there.. Fortunately there no electrical wiring running through the damage walls so thats not going to be a problem. And seeing I DONT have running water. There shouldnt be any leaks from that. I was wanting to fly last night, but, I was running on just one hour of sleep and couldnt hold my eyes open when flying time rolled around. Maybe next week. Any ways, thats that.

_AH_Lippy

Sorry this happened bro. I do not miss the wind storms of western Washington 60+ mph gusts. They have wind storms here to but like 25-30 mph gusts. i can live with that.
It dosnt look to bad from what I can see, some structural damage. I can say I used to see a lot of blue tarps on a lot of single wides in Washington and they did a good job of keeping out the rain. They wont keep out the cold. I would on a dry day use some good duct tape on the end towards the center so moisture dosent seep in. Sorry bud life likes tyo throw us some wrenches occasional y.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_z5o

Started some repairs today. didnt get as much as I hoped done. Replaced one window, repaired most of one wall. Thats about it. Had to do it by myself so work went slowly. Heres what I was working on.

Heres a shot of the roof damage from inside. You cant really see what is all messed up. But, if you look carefilly, you can see the broken beams.

It seems my trailor was built with a 2x6 beam that caps the walls. Which help take the hit from the tree nicely. The roof beams were 2x4. It snapped them. One side of the window frame had been pushed down twisting the window from, That was coased by one of the 2x4s in the wall disintegrating due to the load and some water damage that I didnt know was there. But, all fixable. Im going to try to hit the roof tomarrow.

_AH_Lippy

That does not look like drywall is it partical board Considering bro you did alot of work. Looks pretty darn good to me. ~S~

_AH_z5o

No Lippy, thats drywall. Very cheap and thin drywall but... Im having to replace a sheet or two due to some black mold I found when I opened it up. But, thats normal for a mobile home this age. BUT, Ive got all the structural repairs on the wall completed today. Now for the drywall and as soon as I can get another break in the weather. HOPEFULLY I can start in on the roof.

BEFORE

AFTER

_AH_Lippy

how is a poor hippie like you afford to buy Dewalt tools. LOL just kidding. Looks good Z.  :lol

_AH_Bear

made me laff when i seen "repair kit" on the hammer

_AH_z5o

Quote from: _AH_Bear on February 06, 2020, 05:00:43 PM
made me laff when i seen "repair kit" on the hammer

Thats from my Tech Support days for Sprint/Nextel Black Berry/Trio.  :happy-112:

_AH_Lippy

Hey Z In my bathroom in Washington state I remodeled due to moldy conditions. I noticed where ever I had mold on the drywall i saw ther insulation was dark colored. Now I am not certain if its moldy or not. But I would look into it before you cover it with new drywall.

_AH_z5o

Ya Lippy, I was thinking about replacing that as well.

_AH_z5o

No working on the roof today.

_AH_Bear

looks like that here too