Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twenty

Cool, I pulled an engine from a T-33 once

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

Can't have em both at the same time though, only in some ratio that adds up to 100%.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

The volcano destroyed more of the 340th Bombardment Group's aircraft (estimates vary between 78 and 88) than the devastating German Luftwaffe air raid of the 340th base at Alesani, Corsica on May 13, 1944 (about 75 aircraft). At Pompeii Airfield on March 23, 1944 nearly all of the 340th's B-25 Mitchell medium bombers were covered with hot ash that burned the fabric control surfaces, glazed, melted, or cracked the Plexiglass, and even tipped some B-25s onto their tails from the weight of the ash and tephra. No lives were lost at Pompeii Airfield and the only casualties in the 340th were a sprained wrist and a few cuts, but the effects of the volcano on the aircraft proved insurmountable despite a major effort by the 12th Air Force to repair and salvage the damaged planes.
These B-25s from the 447th Squadron of the 321st Bombardment Group passed very near the erupting volcano on their way to bomb targets.

_AH_Nimble

great pics of that time in history auto....awesome!!

_AH_Bear

_AH_Archie

Bear

I have seen alot of these dear at my fathers place in northern Wi over the years.  One of these years i hope to see one with pink eyes.

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_DarkWolf

Hmm, no "Screaming Beaver"?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Prop

Or Labatt?

Hilarious pic DeeDub!

_AH_Nimble

ahh yes... the wonderful world of BEER :drinking-29:

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_z5o

Im not sure why I felt the need to post this here, but, here ya go.

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms ( war version )

~S~
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Autorotate

silly Russians...

and yes that is what it looks like..... about 100 PPSH sub machine guns....

_AH_DarkWolf