_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Don't matter to me none, being a canuckian.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

I vote race cause I aint traveling for the holiday but it takes four to be an official race and jack will miss tonight he has to work.  :sleep-058:

_AH_Lippy

OK you race fanatics that was some of the closest racing as of yet. Fast and furious to the end, with some weird surprises discovered. Well that was half way point and Ghost has a the lead without looking at the results.
The next track is flat and winding, should be fun it is the New Guinea track with a plane I haven't raced in AH yet. The BF-109K-14. She is nimble in the turns and fast, should be interesting.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7cd999872472e6dc#cid=7CD999872472E6DC&id=7CD999872472E6DC!2152

Heat 1 - 3 laps
Heat 2 - 4 laps
Heat 3 - 5 laps

That's right I extended the laps on this one just to mix it up. I cant seem to edit the description with out having to rewrite the hole thing, don't know how to get it to show under edit description. Anyway the brief will say 2 - 3 - 4 laps not 3 - 4 -5 laps

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

I forgot to mention that the race on the 27th is postponed one week. We will resume racing on Dec. 4th at 2100 EST for practice and the first heat at 2200 EST. With Nimble and BBQ gone it is only fair that we postpone it. GhostBear could stand to miss a few races so he dosent count.  :lol

_AH_Lippy

I am sorry guys I have been so busy this weekend I was unable to review the races. I will do them tonight. I have a close friend she has gone thru breaking her back and the doc telling her she has a 50-50 chance of ever walking again and 5 days later her husband walks out on her. Now she has broken it off with her boyfriend and he left her in a bind so I have been pitching in to help her out. Any way enough of the excuses I will post the results tonight or no later than tomorrow night.  (kooky)

_AH_DarkWolf

Well since racing is postponed a week you have an extra week to review tracks too, don't worry about it.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Man o Man that was mighty fine racing guys. Tight and extremely close especially in the corners. Well the second heat didnt go so good.

Heat 1
1 GhostBear       - 15
2 Lippy               - 12
3 Olds                - 10

DNF - BBQHead  - 2
DQ - DarkWolf   too high bottom of the hill just as start to climb and make the right handed turn (very close call DW I debated over this one)

Heat 2
1 BBQHead         - 16
2 GhostBear       - 13

DQ Lippy, DarkWolf, Olds
Lippy no Nav lights and wing tip smoke, Olds to high bottom of the hill as you start to climb same with DW

Heat 3
1 Lippy               - 17
2 BBQHead        - 14
3 Olds                - 12

DNF  GhostBear - 2
DQ DW too high same section

Race results

1 BBQHead        - 32
2 GhostBear      - 30
3 Lippy              - 29
4 Olds               - 22
5 DarkWolf       - 0

Standings

1 GhostBear     - 182
2 BBQHead       - 126
3 Lippy             - 100
4 Olds              -   88
5 Jack               -  60
6 DarkWolf       -  59
7 Archie            -  51
8 Nimble           -  41
9 GatlinGun      -   9

:happy-112:

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah, the first race was the lesser of my high infractions for the three races, but I still definitely cleared a tower. I think I kept focusing on the towers at the right hand turn at the top of the hill and not the ones as we were going up the hill.

DW

_AH_Lippy

DW I made that same mistake the first time I raced that track. So I do three things with each track. 1 take a lap slowly so I get to know the corners. 2 go as fast as i can with rad closed to burn it up. 3 run out of fuel. Ghost has suggested record your practice lapps and view them from above to see how you take the corners and where you make your mistakes not a bad idea. I was going to have BB look at it but if I question it BB will DQ it period so I have learned to just trust my gut. You over only one tower at different angle. if you looked at it straight across it was border line which is why I doubt if you where out.  :unhappy-059: We learn by our mistakes, you deffently dont need hints on where to get your speed. ~S~ Mate.

_AH_Lippy

Man some fine racing and some misjudgements, and lots of fun. Here is the next track called Pull My Finger with the KI 46 double proper with some good turns.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7cd999872472e6dc#cid=7CD999872472E6DC&id=7CD999872472E6DC!2152
Heats are 2-3-4 laps.

_AH_DarkWolf

My tracks from Dec. 4.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u7rf622kig8v0e/RacingDec4.zip?m=

And thanks to Ghostbear for making the skins for the racers.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Race results are in and some hard races, I made the laps longer to change things up and I feel it made it fun a little deliberation was needed to get the results done. I thank those that helped out DW, BBQ, and Archie. Some fine, clean and competitive racing going on and I am very proud to be AH Air Racing Officiator this year Thanks Guys. Yuk I hate mushy stuff ~S~

Heat 1

1 Lippy         15
2 DarkWolf   12
3 GhostBear 10
4 BBQHead    9
5 Olds            8
6 Jack            7

DNF Z5O        2

Heat 2

1 DarkWolf   16
2 Lippy         13
3 GhostBear 11
4 BBQHead   10
5 Jack             9 (Warning moving forward way past start line while at idle please hold the brake I know some throttles don't go to 0%)
6 Olds            8

DNF Z5O        2

Heat 3

1 GhostBear  17
2 BBQHead    14
3 Jack            12 (nice racing)
4 Olds            11

DNF Lippy, DarkWolf, Z5O (crashed before crashing before finish line) 2 ea

Race results

1 GhostBear 38
2 BBQHead   33
3 Lippy         30
4 DarkWolf   30  :-)
5 Jack           28
6 Olds          27
7 Z5O            6

Standings

1 GhostBear  220
2 BBQHead    159
3 Lippy          130 I got my eye on you Olds your sneakin up on me
4 Olds           115
5 DarkWolf     89
6 Jack             88
7 Archie          51
8 Nimble         41  (should be returning real soon)
9 GatlinGun      9
10 Z5O              6

----------   Honorary Mention goes to _AH_Jack for finishing all 3 races and did not finish last WELL DONE SIR and so you can't say that anymore  :happy-112:  ----------

_AH_DarkWolf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvhfksv7ii3nl07/RacingDec11.zip?m=

Here are my tracks from Dec 11. Man, alot of crazy recoveries last night from bumps and clipping pylons etc. One time going through the crossover during the second heat I could see as I approached it that there were guys comming around it ahead of me. So I looked right as I came into it and saw Jack. It's like the old adage "Look where you want to go", I ended up descending slightly and smacked em perfect. If I had'nt looked and stayed level I'd have split Jack and Lippy.

DW

_AH_Lippy

We are down to three more races, (this should be race #8) and the holidays are coming up on us real soon. I believe that another postponement is in order. Christmas night and New Years night fall on Wednesday. I don't know what to do for those days I recon I will bring it up on this Sunday at 1730 PST 2030 EST during the meeting and see if we should postpone race 9 and 10 till the Wed. after the Holidays.
This next track is a hard one to negotiate. This means its a survival track. Most times only a few pilots finish the race, and it is a long one. So the name of the track is What's My Line and the plane is the LA-7(3-20). This course is nothing but up and down, so watch your lines if you feel you went out go out and come back in 8 or 9 points is better than 2.

Heat 1 - 1 laps
Heat 2 - 2 laps
Heat 3 - 3 laps

I will work on the finishing results Friday and Saturday and will have the next track ready on Wed.