SEOW Attack on Midway

Started by _AH_Twenty, March 02, 2010, 03:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twenty

The following SEOW Campaign has been loaded using the Midway map. I will PM the SEOW logon information to all the flight leads. The first mission will be scheduled when the mission planning has been completed and an official SEOW mission night has been decided on .  

ATTACK ON MIDWAY

Date: 4 June 1942

SCENARIO:
The Imperial Japanese Navy is on the move. They are seeking a decisive encounter with the US Navy. The IJN, holding numerical and qualitive advantages, wants a showdown at Midway. Additionally, a feint towards the US Alaskan territories through the Aleutian Islands should keep the Americans guessing on their real objective. The Japanese plan is to quickly capture Midway Island, then wait and ambush the US carriers as they arrive to retrieve the situation. But not all is as it seems. US intelligence has broken the Japanese naval encryption codes. They are aware of the Japanese plan. Their carriers are waiting near Midway, ready to ambush the ambusher.

Allied Objectives:

Flights A and C

The Japanese fleet has arrived in the vicinity of Midway Island. Naval Intelligence has noted a marked increase in radio signals traffic in the area. We are ready to spring the trap and our forces will find and assault the Japanese invasion fleet. Concentrate on the enemy carriers. It is possible that we will need to attack from different directions, so timing of your strikes is essential. While the enemy can eliminate our carriers or Midways defenses seperately, they cannot do both at once.

Mission objectives are to:
1. Sink 4 Battleships or Carriers
2. Sink 10 Cruisers / Destroyers & 4 Transports
3. Shoot down / destroy 250 aircraft

Axis Objectives:

Flights B and D

Our carriers have arrived at a position where we can launch an attack on Midway Island. While our spotters have not sighted any signs of large enemy naval units, the arrival will be expected in the next few days. The reduction of Midway is a routine operation but when the American fleet arrives, as anticipated, we will have a much tougher fight on our hands. Your orders are to soften up Midway and be on the lookout for the arrival of any enemy challenges.

Mission objectives are to:
1. Sink 2 Carriers
2. Sink 10 Cruisers / Destroyers & 4 Transports
3. Sink 4 Torpedo boats & 2 Patrol Craft
4. Destroy 50% structures, artillery, vehicle on Midway
5. Shoot down / destroy 250 aircraft

Twenty

_AH_Gonzo

This is looking intense!!! Glad I got some leave coming up!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Deviant

As I said in your other thread, what day of the week are you looking at? (tongue)

_AH_z5o

This sounds like fun  :happy-112:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Twenty

The first mission date has not yet been decided on.

Twenty

_AH_Twenty

If any of the flight leads would like training on how to use the SEOW mission planner, I will be on tonight to answer all the question I can.

_AH_Col._Hogan

If I can fly allied , I'm in.

S!

Foxbat

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  After talking with Twenty last night, we have pencilled this in for a week from Tuesday

A and C flights are Allied.

B and D flights are Axis.

Flight leads are responsible for plotting the missions and or assigning who will be plotting the subsequent missions. 

Skat and I have started plotting our respective sides' strateegereee in the SEOW mission planner already. 

Woo hoo!

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

A week from this past tuesday, meaning next tuesday or a week from the comming tuesday, meaning two weeks from now?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~ a week from this coming tuesday.. about two weeks away.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

Rgr that BB.

So, SKAT has to lead a side? Poor bastards!

Wait a minute....B and D.......aw crap....

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

The Event log has been up loaded for the first mission, the stats can be found here:

http://kenglandco1.web144.discountasp.net/ScorchedEarth/MP4/Statistics/MP-Missions.php?Sector=Midway

When the mission planing is complete please post and I will download the next mission (Hopefully for this Tuesday)

_AH_Olds

Missions are completed, Twenty, and ready for you to merge them.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Twenty

We still need the axis side planned