White Lighting #16 Alert

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, April 10, 2013, 05:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_taldrg

~S~ DW:
      I am practicing my Droopie-Snootie bombing but can you tell me the alt.(above sea level) of the city we will be bombing. I need that to correctly set up my sight.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Autorotate

topographical maps show bitburg to be 994 ft MSL.
i've heard the game sets different atmospheric pressures depending on the map...
so i doubt over eastern germany in the game it's a lovely 59 degrees with 29.92 inches on the barometer.

_AH_Col._Hogan

That looks like me last night.

_AH_DarkWolf

The city is a little hilly so it varies, but the industrial area we are targeting is at approx. 448 feet.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_taldrg

~S~
    Well I don't know what to use for target ground elevation now.
Auto says 994 msl which is 'mean sea level' and I can't use that
DW  says  448 feet and I assume he means ASL which is 'above sea level'...and
Wikipedia gives the elev. as 1050 feet ASL...so I am going with 1050 feet.

_AH_DarkWolf

I got mine by parking a P-38 on the ground in the city, for that spot the speedbar said 448 which I assume is above sea level.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
     AH...that is good enough for me....I'll use 450 ASL...thanks boss.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
     Just a note to any of you who are boneing up on high level bombing and need to get 'true air speed' from 'indecated air speed'. A rule of thumb is....aircraft air speed will increase 1 1/2% per. 1000 feet. Soooo
at 240 MPH  IAS at 12000 ft.  your TAS would be approx. 283 MPH.

_AH_DarkWolf

If you add the following line...

SpeedbarTAS=1

...at the end of your HUDconfig entries in the [Mods] section at the bottom of your conf.ini you can get it to display TAS. It basically adds 3 more speedbar options so you have :

MPH/Feet
KPH/Meters
KIAS/Meters
MPH TAS/Feet
KPH TAS/Meters
KIAS TAS/Meters

If you're not familiar with the HUDconfig mod it's something that comes in HSFX, it did'nt work in UP3 but we had it before that. You can add the following lines to the end of your conf.ini if they are not already there :

[Mods]
SpeedbarUnits=3
SpeedbarSpdKMH=1
SpeedbarSpdMPH=1
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarAltMeters=1
SpeedbarAltFeet=1
HUDGauges=2
SpeedbarTAS=1

These setting allow you to tweak the speedbar.

SpeedbarUnits= Allows you to set which setting is displayed by default at mission start, 1 for KPH/Meters, 2 for KIAS/Meters and 3 for MPH/Feet (You can't have it default to TAS apparently) This saves you from having to adjust your speedbar at every mission start if you don't want KPH.

The next four entries let you specify how those things will be displayed in increments. For example by default the increment was 10, so your speed would show 100, 110, 120, 130 etc as you accelerated. With a setting of 1 it shows your exact speed, ie 100, 101, 102, 103 etc.

HUDGuages= I'm not sure what it does, could be something with wonder woman view.

SpeedbarTAS= As I said above setting it to 1 adds the extra 3 TAS options you can toggle through.

DW

_AH_taldrg

~S~ DW
     Good post and great information Boss but, if it's ok, I will just use the 1 1/2%. That configi and mods stuff scares me to death.