CVG-83 CAMPAIGN PRELIMINARIES

Started by _AH_Moggy, October 21, 2009, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:
Sign-ups for the upcoming CVG-83 campaign are now active!

This will be an historical campaign, where we will be flying as part of the U.S.S. Essex Carrier Air Group, from June '44 through the end of the war.

Though the campaign is titled "CVG-83" (Essex's Air Group designation in 1945), we'll actually start out as CVG-15.

So, sign-ups are currently for CVG-15's two squadrons:  VF-15 (Hellcats) and VT-15 (Avengers).

This campaign will differ from previous historical ones in that we will not be flying it by AH flights.  Instead, AH pilots will sign up for a specific squadron, and will fly with that squadron permanently, until approx. half-way through the campaign, in Jan '45, when VBF-83 (Corsairs) is deployed.  We will then arrange for transfers to that squadron, from both the fighter and torpedo squadrons.  We will pick a squadron commander for both squadrons, and a C.A.G. ("Carrier Air Group" Commander) prior to kick-off.

Prior to the campaign, we will be running a two-week "carrier quals" training course, which I will ATC.  The purpose of this course will be to standardize carrier landing pattern work, based on actual WWII USN Navtops manuals.  (Note:  We will not be using the actual port quarter "groove" pattern used;  we'll stick with our standard "long-in" straight approach).  A training manual download will be provided for reference prior to this training.

The projected campaign start date is still planned for late December '09, even though due to a recent computer crash I've apparently lost a great deal of map template work that I had already done.

So, without further ado, pilot sign-ups are now active.  If you want to participate in the campaign, please sign up here for your desired squadron (VF-15 -- Hellcats  or VT-15 -- Avengers).  The scoreboard (which will be updated, and now exists solely for roster sign-up purposes) will be updated as recruits file in.

Moggy

_AH_Twisted

_AH_Gonzo

S! Reporting for duty to the "Fabled Fifteen". I'd like to be assigned to VF-15 Sir!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Archie

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Boosher

Put me down for VT-15 where you can. I can't say I'll be around much, but I'd like to do more ground pounding. I fly the fighters too much for my own good.

_AH_Doc

_AH_taldrg

~S~                      HELLCAT...Ya'll
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Moggy I'm in for VF-15, however if we don't get enough pilots that want to fly the Advenger I'll give that a go.

_AH_DarkWolf

I'll go for an avenger to start, but please log my request for transfer to the fighter squadron as soon as they get corsairs.  (kooky)

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moggy

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Moby

~S~ Moggs!  I would like to mimic DW's request, indicating a desire to fly with VT 15 to start, but respectfully request to be transferred to VF-15 once the corsairs arrive, and have this request also be logged as officially noted.  Sir!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Ring

vt for me.....fighters are cool...but bombers Rock!