Fortress Malta Campaign

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, November 11, 2015, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

He looks like a donkey well? Huh, must be a regional saying.

How about him greeting his two younger brothers upon his return to Canada?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 16, 2016, 12:32:58 AM
I'm special that way, apparently...

DW

Naaaa.. your eastern Canadian backwards different .. lol... whhhaaat?

_AH_DarkWolf

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Beurling did'nt drink or smoke. I believe he was also fairly religious, I seem to recall reading he always carried around a little bible his mother gave him.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

QuoteBeurling did'nt drink or smoke

No wonder he looks so sour in those 2 pics.... :drinking-42:

_AH_Doc

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 16, 2016, 08:27:49 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Beurling did'nt drink or smoke. I believe he was also fairly religious, I seem to recall reading he always carried around a little bible his mother gave him.

He didn't wear his religion on his arm, but he did carry a bible in his pocket everywhere. In fact, after being shot down and having his left heel blown away, he was recovered in his raft and kept asking where his bible was. His rescuers found it in the folds of his life raft and put it back in his shirt pocket. I would imagine he probably had it on him when he did in Israel.  Here is a great video about Beurling including anecdotes from his brother. If you can stand the Canadian accent, it's definitely worth a watch!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHryAjaVYg

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

This is a picture of him adding kill markings to his plane after his return to operations later in the war. Kinda reminds you of our own ranking ace in the campaign who has been gradually adding kill markings to his kite.

Course, they ARE both pure blooded canadians...

DW

_AH_Bear

Hey ... Woods only a wannabe Canadian..

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteHey ... Woods only a wannabe Canadian..   - Bear

Pfft...    :lol-034:

Now I am sure that Skat will want to defect from 2nd Squad tho.....
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Bear

Ahahha.. good one buddy!!  How many years have you lived here??

_AH_Hollywood

QuoteCourse, they ARE both pure blooded canadians... -Darkwolf

All my relatives reside in the Oshawa, Ont. area dating back to the 1800's, I on the other hand enjoy the mild weather down here in So. Cal much like other AH members like Hogan and SKAT. No GST and no snow plows.
:happy-112:
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Doc

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on March 18, 2016, 01:48:17 PM
QuoteCourse, they ARE both pure blooded canadians... -Darkwolf

All my relatives reside in the Oshawa, Ont. area dating back to the 1800's, I on the other hand enjoy the mild weather down here in So. Cal much like other AH members like Hogan and SKAT. No GST and no snow plows.
:happy-112:

I'm in Socal too wood!

_AH_DarkWolf

Nobody cares about YOU Doc...

Ah so not only does Hollywood have Canadian blood but it's hearty Ontario blood to boot. That explains alot.

You gotta remember theres only like 15 or 20 people that live in Ontario, so we're probobly related!

DW

_AH_Doc

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 18, 2016, 08:37:45 PM
Nobody cares about YOU Doc...

Ah so not only does Hollywood have Canadian blood but it's hearty Ontario blood to boot. That explains alot.

You gotta remember theres only like 15 or 20 people that live in Ontario, so we're probobly related!

DW

DW, I wouldnt fret. Im sure the moose out there are in your family tree somewhere. :bomb-034:

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Doc on March 18, 2016, 10:54:41 PM
DW, I wouldnt fret. Im sure the moose out there are in your family tree somewhere. :bomb-034:

Well, the good looking ones certainly......I mean......shut up.

DW