_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Deviant

I would like recommendations for aircraft as soon as possible. Please post your suggestions!  :happy-112:

_AH_Doc

_AH_Prop

Requesting a short track race with I-16's.

_AH_Deviant

Noted. We still need 5-7 more.

Planes so far:
F9F Panther
ME-410D
P-38L
I-16
Lerche

And yes, I'll make the short track for you. In fact, I have an idea for it. :)

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I like the F6F and F4U
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Deviant

Alright, I've been given the green light to start the next racing season officially starting for March the 27th! The track will be announced tomorrow.

Additionally, there will be a practice/warmup race tomorrow, for those wanting to get into the groove.

Planes specified so far:
F9F Panther
ME-410D
P-38L
I-16
Lerche
F6F
F4U
P-51

If you have any tracks that you want to submit, please e-mail them to thelegacy@gmail.com. Once I make the final list for aircraft, I will post them so that way you skin designers can get to work.  (6) On the Lerche suggestion, I'm not 100% sure how we can do that, considering the height limitations of tracks, and the inherent difficulty of parking them. I'll try to work on it, but I can't guarantee it'll work.

_AH_Doc

What about the Tempest? Thats a great one.

_AH_Shrtaprch

How about a biathalon map.  We all load out with rockets and have to hit 5 targets..miss and you do a penalty lap.  Sure would make it more interesting for our slower pilots!

_AH_DarkWolf

Thats a very interesting idea short.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Now that is one fine suggestion.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Doc

_AH_Deviant

Hmm...Biathlon. Now, because we just had the Olympics, and because it's a fine suggestion, I'll figure something out for that. In the meantime...

Planes so far:
F9F Panther
ME-410D
P-38L
I-16
Lerche - *
F6F
F4U
P-51
Tempest

* - Pending on how we could make a race that can start relatively normally with it. :thinking-008:

Don't forget that a warmup/introduction (following regular racing rules) is set up for tonight, at 8PM EST / 7PM CT / 6PM MT / 5PM PT! It will also have all the planes for the season inside it, though we will only be flying one for the practice. The reason for this is for you guys to get used to them, and to skin them!  :cool:

_AH_Deviant

PRELIMINARY PLANES LISTING:

F4U-1D Corsair
F6F-5 Hellcat
F9F-2 Panther
Fw-190 D-5 1945
I-16 Type 28
Ki-46-III Recce 'Dinah'
Me-410D Hornisse
Mosquito B Mk. XVI
P-38L Late
P-51D-20NA
Sea Fury Mk I
Tempest Mk V

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time seeing how we would line up a Lerche race, so today's practice run will be a test to see if it's feasable to use. If not, I will have a replacement.

_AH_Twisted

Dev I'm more than willing to post up the racing season's results as we've done in the past under the scorebards section.

_AH_Deviant

Thanks, Twisted. That would be great (but don't post this one, as it was a warmup only.) :)

Alright, the results for our unofficial race are in. To set the formating for the season, I'll be writing this as if it was an official race. The points below are for reference ONLY and are NOT valid for this race. This is a practice race only. In any case, I'll have everything listed below, including next track.

---------------------------------------------------

Race # 0: Warmup Practice Track

Race 1 (2 Laps):
1st: Deviant - 15
2nd: Gonzo - 12
3rd: Ring - 9
4th: Viper - 6
5th: Olds - 3

DNF:
BBQHead
Nimble

Violantions:
None

Race 2 (4 Laps):
1st: Gonzo - 15
2nd: Ring - 12
3rd: Olds - 9
4th: Deviant - 6

DNF:
Viper
BBQHead
Nimble

Violations:
Olds - Left the track but reentered at same point - No penalty.

Race 3 (6 Laps):
1st: BBQHead - 15
2nd: Gonzo - 12

DNF:
Deviant
Nimble
Olds
Ring

Violations:
Viper - Left track and went over pylons without correction - DQ

Standings After Heats:
Gonzo - 39
Deviant - 21
Ring - 21
BBQHead - 15
Olds - 12
Viper - 6
Nimble - 0

Standings For Season:
N/A - Not Counted (Practice Race - Next week will be the official start!)

Next Race: Race 1 - Hills
Next Plane: KI-46-III Reece
Race Start Time: Saturday @ 8:30PM EST / 7:30 CT / 6:30 MT / 5:30 PST
Download Racetrack Here