CVG-83 CAMPAIGN PRELIMINARIES

Started by _AH_Moggy, October 21, 2009, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Moby on October 26, 2009, 04:34:44 PM
~S~ Moggs!  I would like to mimic DW's request, indicating a desire to fly with VT 15 to start, but respectfully request to be transferred to VF-15 once the corsairs arrive, and have this request also be logged as officially noted.  Sir!

Mobes.

S! Mobes:

Duly noted and recorded, sir!

Moggy

_AH_Autorotate

are the avengers TBF-1C's or TBM-3's
both fly like trash in this game imho

_AH_DarkWolf

I futhermore request never to be placed in a formation with anything less than two (2) a/c separating myself from Moby and to never have to fly downwind from his current position.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Boosher

Quote from: _AH_Autorotate on October 26, 2009, 10:41:55 PM
are the avengers TBF-1C's or TBM-3's
both fly like trash in this game imho

That challenge is part of the reason I took the job!

_AH_taldrg

~S~  The in cockpit view of both the TBF and TBM shows the right rudder peddel depressed and when looking outside at the rudder it is not moved to the right. By all standers these two aircraft are not safe to fly and should be grounded till fixed.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on October 27, 2009, 04:21:39 AM
~S~  The in cockpit view of both the TBF and TBM shows the right rudder peddel depressed and when looking outside at the rudder it is not moved to the right. By all standers these two aircraft are not safe to fly and should be grounded till fixed.

I  agree

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on October 27, 2009, 04:21:39 AM

Nonsense.  I've been flying the Avenger for quite awhile.  All it takes is a little aileron trim adjustment and she flies fine.  I've carrier-qualified both models without any problems whatsoever.  It also has a level stabilizer.  All it takes is a little skill and patience.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ As for me, and me only, any aircraft that requires that much triming and attention to be flown normal is un-safe in any situation and should be grounded untill all AD(airworthy directives)notices have been completed. So there too.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Sign me up for one of those 'unsafe' planes.   

I'm unsafe in any of em.  :drinking-29:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

Let's see...I...uhm...would like...ah...to be ...uh considered...in uhm...any plane that you...uh choose...to...put me in...ayup.

_AH_DarkWolf

It rocks that we now have such a decisive leader!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on October 27, 2009, 08:44:43 PM
~S~ As for me, and me only, any aircraft that requires that much triming and attention to be flown normal is un-safe in any situation and should be grounded untill all AD(airworthy directives)notices have been completed. So there too.

S! TD:

Well, I confess I haven't a clue as to what you're actually advocating.  If it's that we simply disallow any Avengers henceforth simply because you can't figure out how to fly it, I'd hazard a guess that that position would be a distinctly (to put it kindly) minority one.

_AH_Boosher

I'm on Moggy's side here. Flew it offline about a week ago, yes, it needed a little babying to get it to fly straight, but once it was in the air and all trimmed up she didn't give me any problems. Hell, she took more flak than I've received in other situations and came out just fine. I made it all the way back to base, and I destroyed all of my primary targets in only a few passes.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ LOLOLOL. It does not take much to Moggy going does it. I like both planes. Fire 'um up and get 'um up is what I say. Love ya Moggy.

_AH_Prop