Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

FLIGHT ASSIGNMENTS:

No. 1 Section (A Flight)
     No. 2 Section (B Flight)
     No. 3 Section (C Flight)
     No. 4 Section (D Flight)

*  Mission Commander = _AH_BBQhead

Mission briefs to be posted Friday, 23 October.

MISSION HISTORICAL BACKGROUND: 

At the start of the Second World War before the US entered the war, there were a large number of American volunteers offering their services.  While many US recruits simply crossed the border and joined the Royal Canadian Air Force to learn to fly, many of the early recruits had originally come to Europe just to fight.  They were formed into the "Eagle Squadron", and would serve in the Battle of Britain.  No. 71 was formed at RAF Hornchurch in September 1940 armed with the Hawker Hurricane.

On This Day:

Three attacks of importance developed in the East Kent area.  During these and in other operations twenty-five enemy aircraft were destroyed (plus 10 probable and 24 damaged).  Our casualties were 15 aircraft and six pilots killed or missing.  Aerodromes appeared to be the objectives.

South East:

At 10:50 hours about fifty enemy aircraft crossed the coast near Hastings. Some penetrated to the Maidstone area attacking both West Malling and Detling aerodromes.  Fighter squadrons intercepted and shot down several enemy aircraft.

DealnDave

Note:

At 9:00 pm EST there will be an ATC breifing.  ATC information will be supplied with each mission breifing uploaded to the "Downloads" section of our webpage.  There is a read me file in the information explaining how to set up your ATC package.

DealnDave

S~ All,

The mission breifing for the 1st Eagle Squadron Campaign has been uploaded.  Check the "Veiw Downloads" section.  Also included is the ATC breifing package AND the aircraft skins used in the deveolpment of the campaign.

DealnDave

***WARNING ORDER***

Mission Date:  Tues Nov 3rd, 2009
Mission Briefing Start Time:  9:00p.m. EST
Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

FLIGHT ASSIGNMENTS:

No. 1 Section (A Flight)
     No. 2 Section (B Flight)
     No. 3 Section (C Flight)
     No. 4 Section (D Flight)

*  Mission Commander = _AH_Twisted

Mission briefs to be posted Friday, 31 October.

On This Day:

The enemy's effort consisted mainly of five attacks in the Thames Estuary area and during the course of those operations Fighter Squadrons destroyed 41 enemy aircraft (plus 18 probable and 32 damaged). Our casualties were 20 aircraft and 10 pilots killed or missing. Aerodromes appeared to be the targets.

South East:

At 16:12 hours raids crossed the Coast at the Thames Estuary inlet area.  The raids flew towards Biggin Hill and Kenley aerodromes.  Some thirty enemy aircraft appeared to concentrate their attack on hangers, airfield facilities, and grounded aircraft.  Fighter squadrons were in the air and successful interceptions were made.

_AH_Twisted

BoB Campaign scoreboard and after action report is fully updated. ~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Checked the BOB thingie and I think(be nice now)I flew in them but I am not listed.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

DealnDave

***WARNING ORDER***

Mission Date:  Tues Nov 10th 2009
Mission Briefing Start Time:  9:00p.m. EST
Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

FLIGHT ASSIGNMENTS:

No. 1 Section (A Flight)
    No. 2 Section (B Flight)
    No. 3 Section (C Flight)
    No. 4 Section (D Flight)

*  Mission Commander = _AH_Gonzo

Mission briefs to be posted Saturday, 7th November.

On This Day:

The enemy's effort was directed to one main attack in East Kent and the Estuary in the morning, and to one minor attack in the early afternoon.  In these engagements twenty-five enemy aircraft were destroyed (plus 11 probable and 10 damaged).  Our casualties were 15 aircraft and 7 pilots killed or missing.

South East:

At 11:15 hours when the attacking forces were dispersing two other raids consisting of thirty aircraft in all went inland near Margate.  They penetrated only a short distance before returning.  However Manston aerodrome was bombed.  Enemy casualties were inflicted by our fighters.

Check the "Veiw Downloads" section...the mission has been uploaded, "Eagle squadron Campaign Mission #3"

_AH_Twisted

Scoreboard updated.
After Action Report Page updated.
~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~    quote...The enemy's effort was directed to one main attack in East Kent....I cannot find East Kent on the map. What grid is it in???

_AH_BBQhead

S~ I believe that's J13... right there by Canterbury...

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Gonzo

Pilots are kindly asked to download the Ops Briefing map for tonight's mission via the AH Downloads sections or via the link below.

http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item365

Once downloaded, insert this jpg file in your ATC program here:

C:(or active drive)\Program Files\Foolish Entertainment\ATC for Battlefield 1942 v.1.2\Data\Custom\BoB

Thanks,

S~

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Gonzo

S! and thanks to all the Flt Leads and pilots that took part in last night's campaign mission. Overall, everyone did an awesome job of putting some real hurt on the enemy while keeping our losses and damage to their target to a minimum.

S~ and Sierra Hotel (Look  it up gents) to all!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Col._Hogan

When I exploaded, was Jack anywhere near me??  :help-sos-sos-29402:

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Gonzo..Sierra Hotel.... $--t Hot meaning the best or in prime form and thanks for the compliment for the whole outfit.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Gonzo...very well done last night Sir.  excellent breifing.  To all the flight leaders, great job leading your flights and whacking the enemy.  To the pilots...great job !!!....and very well done as far as using good radio discipline.  Well flown mission by all. 

I guess the "Ev..IL" mission builder will have to come up with a few more tricks...LOL   (glasses)