Eagle Squadron Campaign Operations

Started by DealnDave, October 21, 2009, 11:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on November 11, 2009, 03:18:42 PM
When I exploaded, was Jack anywhere near me??  :help-sos-sos-29402:

When you died at the same instant I got the "Enemy Aircraft Destroyed" message I knew what happened right away. If it's any conciliation Hogan, when I looked back your one-half-winged planed was sailing past in a shower of debris. It was pretty neat, you went out in style!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Yep..Hogan has style for sure...I have always said that..yes I have...
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Twisted

Scoreboard and After Action Report pages updated Mission #3
~S~

DealnDave

***WARNING ORDER***

Mission Date:  Tues Nov 17th 2009
Mission Briefing Start Time:  9:00p.m. EST
Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

FLIGHT ASSIGNMENTS:

No. 1 Section (A Flight)
    No. 2 Section (B Flight)
    No. 3 Section (C Flight)
    No. 4 Section (D Flight)

*  Mission Commander = _AH_ZipZag

Mission brief to be posted Friday, 13th November.

MISSION HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:  

On This Day:

The enemy's main effort consisted of attacks in East Kent and Thames Estuary areas.  Our fighters destroyed 52 enemy aircraft (plus 19 probable and 22 damaged). Our casualties amounted to 17 aircraft and six pilots killed or missing.

South East:

At 09:15 hours enemy activity developed into an attack south of Folkstone.  Enemy aircraft soon turned and by 09:45 hours were re-crossing the coast.  During their withdrawal a force of 30 enemy aircraft patrolled off the coast covering the retreating bombers.  Casualties were inflicted on the enemy.

Currently the "Uploads" for our web site is not working.  I will upload the mission package once it's up and running.

Mission Brief can be Downloaded here:  http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/ECS%20Mission%204/ESCmission4.zip

DealnDave

S~ All,

If anyone wants to try their hand as the Mission Commander, send me a private message and I'll get you set up  (glasses)

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Twisted on November 13, 2009, 10:41:51 PM
Scoreboard and After Action Report pages updated Mission #3
~S~

A couple of notes/questions:

1.  What constitutes a "completed sortie?"

2.  I had two kills in last mission;  don't see any added. 

~S~

Moggy

_AH_Twisted

Fixed Moggy.

Thank you for catching that. It would have been caught after the next mission but I want it right all the time.

~S~

DealnDave

What constitutes a "completed sortie?"

~S~

Moggy

S~ All,

Moggy good question.  As for this campaign a completed Sortie for the individual pilot is getting your plane home, "Flyable", for the Section...all pilots must return "Flyable".  There are going to be a few missions that are going to be "Special Operational" missions allowing for an extra "Special Bonus" for a completed mission.  Again in this situation, "all" pilots from that section must return home "Flyable".

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Twisted on November 14, 2009, 06:25:22 PM
Fixed Moggy.

Thank you for catching that. It would have been caught after the next mission but I want it right all the time.

~S~

S! Twist:

Thanks!  BTW, have the points for those kills been added to "D" Flight's total?

Moggy

_AH_Moggy

_AH_Twisted

QuoteS! Twist:

Thanks!  BTW, have the points for those kills been added to "D" Flight's total?

Moggy

Yes the points were and are correct. I only missed on the kills being added from Mission #3. I think I got side tracked when I had to add Doc to your Flight and just over looked it.

~S~

_AH_Moggy

Dave:

Check your PM's, please, bud.

Moggy

_AH_Twisted

_AH_Zipzag

I want to thank everyone that helped me last night , especialy BBQ

Last nite was my first command and boy was I nervous, first off downloaded the wrong brief , doh ! Im not sure how? but everything worked out well , even with my program glitch {ready up screen came up} I was able to control all the flights on comms more efficently as a result . I was also under the impression there would be a large bomber formations comming {Sweet what ya did Dave, Nice ~S~}
Ya threw me for a loop

Gonzo I would have liked to have seen the look on your face and everyone in your group  when all those 109's were comming at you .
You did well against superior forces , my hat's off to you guys ~S~ 

But being a miltary guy , Id have to say this was a mission failure ! plain and simple . You might have downed all the fighters but we did not prevent the 2 and only 2 bombers from completing thier mission , they got past our 1 st 2nd and 3rd line of defence , unmolested ! Had they had a radar station to attack they would have succeded ! This is totaly my fault !!!  I should have caught that but I didnt . Live and learn I guess . Yep id do a few things differntly . Thank AH you guy's did so well tho , ya kinda saved my canadian bacon  ~S~