Campaign night

Started by _AH_Archie, July 17, 2013, 02:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Archie

I understand we can not start a mission exactly on time every night but we need to do a better job of trying.  I cut out of a get together tonight so I could fly the campaign at 8pm only to wait until 849 for yet another restart

I like it that AH leaves noone behind but i think we need to set a time for launch for campaign night and stick by it.

The restarts with this campaign is another issue.  How many are we going to do....2....5?

If someone takes out a couple of guys in mishap i understand a restart but if someone kills himself how many times do we restart?

Please set a start time and limit the restarts to only those times that someone gets killed due to no fault of their own

~S~

Gumpy pants

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_DarkWolf

Well tonight Jack was late, which almost never happens.  So that was about 15 minutes right there. Given his long record of reliable campaign building and hosting I think we can forgive em for that one.

We had two restarts for two different people. We killed it, re-loaded and re-launched pretty quick both times I thought. We had a third incident but given that we had already had two restarts, we were forced to leave that pilot behind. We were dealing with a situation where we had fewer pilots than we would have liked, so I'm ok with two quick restarts to try and get a couple more.

Normally we have about 2 restarts max, unless there is some major issue. Which I think is ok. It's the nature of beast trying to get a large number of guys airborne without issues on a campaign night and the carriers add to that difficulty. Having said that there is always room for improvment, the carrier practice rooms will continue to run before FnFs and the campaign missions themselves for pilots to work on their carrier skills and we'll try and move things along a little quicker and compress the time between 21:00 and when the host hits fly.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

Sorry for the late start...was at the local clown hang-out, playing darts for beer and pie, & let the time get away from me.   I'll endeavor to do better.

_AH_Lippy

I understand the fustration on restarts, and Jack has done a impeckable job of biulding and hosting. I voted for the last restart. We have a few pilots that are struggling with flying, and i think most are doing a good job trying to improve. I see some at Air Racing, and in the Qualification room which improves pilot skills. We as AH have always said it isnt about the level of skill but weather we have fun. With that in mind and the difference in skill level we usualy only restart once. I voted to restart to keep the inexperienced pilots in the air. Given the circumstance Archie I am sorry I voted for the 2nd restart.  (wavey)