Memorial Service

Started by _AH_Gonzo, January 10, 2010, 07:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

S! All.

Earlier this week we were informed that one of our members, _AH_Marius, passed away a short while back.

It's true that over the past couple of years, he's hardly been online or on comms with us. This was mostly due to his health situation and the numerous updates that IL-2 requires. He would however occasionally hop onto Vent to say "Howdy". While he was no longer part of our unit, he always remained a friend.

I humbly believe that some sort of service be held in his honor. Nothing too major, but a small show of respect to his passing and his contribution to our squadron. Originally we roughly hatched the idea of putting something together for tonight, but due to the game version change, and most of us still trying to settle down the home life after the holidays, I suggest that the memorial be held after next week's meeting.

As for the memorial itself, I humbly propose a squadron fly in where all attending AH pilots will line up in review order. This will be followed by a "Missing man" flypast.

While it's something small, I believe everyone who has ever served within our ranks deserves such an honor.

We can follow the memorial up by flying Marius missions for the rest of the evening.

I will gladly make myself available to help coordinate the memorial as required.

Submitted for your perusal and comment sirs.

S~ Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Duff4r

Well thought out, and well proposed.  I agree!

S~ Gonzo, you're a "class act"

Duff4r is IN!

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Viper

I also agree.  For all that knew Marius, he was definitely a part of our flying family which I will surely miss.  I thoroughly enjoyed his banter while flying with and against him.  fair winds and sky's Marius.
~S~ :sad-056:

_AH_Gonzo

I'm currently working on a map that I had originally intended for training use by the High Aces. With just a little work, I'll mark the area for our pilots to park their aircraft once they arrive on base. Hopefully, I'll have it finished tomorrow night and posted on the AH website so every one can have a look around the field.

I will be making most aircraft flyable, but I kindly ask that pilots select to fly an aircraft that they are thoroughly familiar with in order to avoid accidents on the field.

I would also like to remind everyone that screen shots and hopefully a track of the proceedings will be sent to Maruis' niece. While personalized skins are encouraged,  kindly remember the nature of the event and keep skins and especially nose art respectful of it.

Thanks.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Sounds like a good idea to me.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ God willing, TD will be present.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_z5o

Sounds like a plan to me, just tell me what to do and it will be done.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Cors

~S~ All

I would like to send out my condolances to his family, friends and everyone that has ever flown with Marius. I am glad to see you all put something together in rememberance of Marius.
  I remember him well from when I was part of AH and loved to fly with him as I did with all of  you.
Gonzo if you dont mind I would love to be there for this Grand event in his memory. I can just sit on the side lines and will stay completly out of the way.
Just let me know.
~S~
Cors

_AH_Slikk

_AH_crash

Excellent idea, Gonzo. I'll be there.

Foxbat

Looks like I won't be able to attend now. I'll be there in spirit though.

I will miss Marius very much and know he will enjoy the tribute where ever he is.

_AH_Boosher

Let me know the particulars and I'll do my best to be there!

XE90

~S~ All AH, 

It is a sad day to hear _AH_Marius has passed away. Marius was a good man and great pilot. My prayers are with his family.

~S~ AH_Marius and All AH Pilots

XE90

_AH_Col._Hogan