Salute from the =AVG=

Started by AVGWarren, October 08, 2008, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this something you would be interested in particpating in?

Yes,no matter what the settings are
No, no matter what the settings are
Yes, if padlock is on
Yes, if  icons are on
Yes if icons and padlock is on

AVGWarren

loll Awesome website.

Good afternoon and salute!

I am writing this to you as the Operations Office representative of the IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 squadron, the American Volunteer Group or the =AVG=.

We would like to invite your squadron to a multiple squadron based "mini-campaign" for a week long, 24/7 war. Starting Novemeber 3.

What we are thinking is that we could get a few squadrons together and just have it out in a locked campaign, T-1 server for a week. The campaign would be automatically generated and the map would reset every couple of hours to show the completed mission objectives to date. Nothing serious, we are sure there will be a lot of kinks to be found; to be worked out in the first week's campaign. We are sure some things will and won't work the way that they are supposed to, but this won't be a single event. We would like to continue doing these week long wars, and swapping sides or using completely different formats would not be an issue.

Aircraft sets, ordinance load outs, map, server difficulty settings, etc. are all open for suggestion. We would like to keep it in some historical sense but with a huge effort in making it challenging for all, yet keeping the campaign winning objectives very balanced.

There will be something for everybody no matter the time of day/night or week. Naturally, separate scores would be tracked for the campaign.

We are just looking to see if there is any interest from your organization and or suggestions to make it more appealing to your squadron's members.

Our first theme will be Japan and America, so far the follwing squadrons are on board. NGW, TTU and the FKD.

If you have a sister squadron that would also like to be involved, please pass this along to them as well.

Thank you very much for your time and we look forward to your replies!!!

My e-mail address is; Bythor_abg@hotmail.com
Please feel free to visit our forums at; http://www.virtualaces.net

Warren Robinson
=AVG=Warren, Major
American Volunteer Group

Wings of War is a continuous 24 hour, 7 day dynamic campaign for IL-2 Sturmovik:1946 4.08m on a T-1 connection using IL-2 Server Commander (IL-2SC) and Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG). The Wings of War Server will go online at 0001 hours; 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on Monday, 3 November 2008 and will go offline at 0001 hours; 12:01 p.m. Eastern Standard Time the following Monday, 10 November 2008. The server will reset every two hours to keep the Wings of War Generated Mission Objectives current and up to date. A two hour mission will equal one campaign day. At the end of the one week period we will tally the scores to determine the victor.

The victory conditions and objectives for each mission are determined by the mission generator. The briefing will contain reports of conflicts in various areas of the map. You will need to fly in defense of your ground units as they will be attacked by enemy on the ground and in the air. Reports of the previous day's activity will be displayed along with the mission briefing.

Rules

1.) Each participating squadron must have 1 Representitive registered on at the Wings~of~War Forum.
2.) All participants must be listed as an active squadron member on their website's roster.
3.) There will be a limit of 60 pilots per side in the server at any one time.
4.) All pilots will fly with the appropriate markings

Scoring

You must survive and RTB to get 100% of your score. You will only be awarded 10% of your score if you bail out or die in combat.

Aerial Victories

1 Engine Aircraft: 100 points
2 Engine Aircraft: 200 points
3 Engine Aircraft: 300 points
4 Engine Aircraft: 400 points

Ground Targets

Ships: 200 points
Tanks: 50 points
Static Aircraft: 30 points
Cars: 30 points
Artillery: 30 points
AAA: 30 points
Wagons: 30 points

Sit Out Times

The Wings of War Server is set up to govern itself meaning that the sit out times, aircraft ordenance load outs, etc.. are handled by IL2SC.

Return to Base: 5 minutes for rearm and refuel
Bail from Aircraft with Escape: 10 minutes
Death or Bail from Aircraft with Capture: 15 minutes

Server Information

The server can be accessed via HyperLobby

Server Name: Wings of War

Description: IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 4.08m - Using IL-2 Server Commander and the Dynamic
Campaign Generator

The Wings of War Game Server IP address is 66.225.104.67:21000

Server Settings

difficulty SeparateEStart 1
difficulty ComplexEManagement 1
difficulty EngineOverheat 1
difficulty TorqueGyroEffects 1
difficulty FlutterEffect 1
difficulty WindTurbulence 1
difficulty StallsSpins 1
difficulty Vulnerability 1
difficulty BlackoutsRedouts 1
difficulty RealisticGunnery 1
difficulty LimitedFuel 1
difficulty LimitedAmmo 1
difficulty HeadShake 1
difficulty CockpitAlwaysOn 1
difficulty NoInstantSuccess 1
difficulty Clouds 1
difficulty RealisticLandings 1
difficulty TakeoffLanding 1
difficulty NoPadlock 1
difficulty NoMapIcons 1
difficulty NoMinimapPath 1
difficulty NoSpeedBar 0
difficulty NoOutsideViews 0
difficulty NoIcons 1

Note: IL2SC Settings are available upon request.

Additional Information

The Wings of War Stats, Scores, and Forums, are located at www.virtualaces.net
The Wings of War TeamSpeak Server IP address is 66.225.104.67: 8767

_AH_BBQhead

S~. thanks for posting the invite. 

it will take a couple of days to find out how much interest we might have in this.. i can  never tell what we might go for. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

Well, it sounds interesting to me.  One possible sticking point:  I suspect that not a few guys won't want to fly it with no icons & no padlock.  If I'm wrong about that, great.  If I'm right, but they're (as Warren says) willing to be flexible on those, I'd recommend that we give it a try  -- or at least put it to a vote.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  I've added a poll.. please vote.     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Col._Hogan

Sounds fun, kinda like the 214.com server, I'm in

S!

_AH_MOAB

Sounds like fun and a great challenge.

_AH_Bong

LT._AH_Bong
"Reserve" Flight
Aces High

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Please be sure to vote if you leave a comment..  and by the same token ..voting without leaving a comment is ok, too.

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Boosher

Sounds like fun, but I'm going to sit out for this. I can't guarantee my hours, due to school work, and my ping is way too high for a competition.

_AH_Duff4r

I like this stuff...Breaks the monotony.  Gives us something to plan and look forward to....kinda like BBQ's BBQ

:cool:
S~

Duff

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I'm in but I think we better learn 'lead/wingman' ACM's quick.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Ring

AVGWarren

Im back.  lolol

Trying to get this all shored up, Phillies on tonight (go Phils) and I leave for a week of solid diving in the Bahamas in 2 days offically.  :o

The server test went well, open to the public so there where lots of curious visiter. heheh Anyways to make this quick, if you guys are still interested, please stop by Wings~of~War forum to pick your side, aircraft, etc.....

Salute and hope to see you in the skies!!