league stuff

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, October 12, 2008, 05:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Duff4r

No...But I have now!  Sounds fun!

1,) What it is:

The USL ,"United Squadron League", is where the IL2 flight sim community comes together with their squads and compete in multiple round, leader board competitions to determine the best flight squad in the world! Your team will fight epic battles in WWII that pit you against another squad. This competition provides a adrenalin rush like nothing you've felt before. Struggle to eliminated ground targets and make it home alive. Cover your wingman in heart pounding battles. Win the points, take the lead, battle by battle, and earn your squad the highest respect in the community...The US League World Champions. Lets not forget last years, 2008 chapions in both open and closed pit, The Fighting 69th. Who will take the title belt from them this season? Will it be your squad?

USL boasts some of the best map makers in the game who want to insure a realistic, immersive experience with historical time sets and plane sets. The maps will be released to the public EARLY so there is plenty of team practice time. How early? As many as 6 rounds of maps released 30 days before the season starts! The USL also has a new structure to insure it's future, boarded by members from several different squads, and soon to come, putting into place an Open Pit Commissioner, and a Closed Pit Commissioner who will oversee each genre of game play and assist team Liaisons.

Please check this thread often as we will be updating you with upcoming season information and a new registration process.

Looking forward to seeing you in the air.

2.) They use TeamSpeak:

72.51.60.143:8767
password = dedication

3.) Here's the rules:

Scoring
1. Each team will receive 1 attendance point if they attend a match with 4 or more pilots.
2. The winner of each round will be awarded 1 point.
3. The winner of the combined total of both rounds will be awarded 1 point.

Eligibility
1. All teams must be registered for the Closed and/or Open Cockpit League.
2. All pilots must be registered in the USL forum.

Team Composition
1. Minimum team size for team registration is 8.
2. Defined match team size is 8.
3. Teams may play understrength and unbalanced to a minimum of 4.
4. Teams may play overstrength by an agreed and balanced number.

Match Play
1. Each Open Pit match will consit of 2 rounds of 45 minutes each.
2. Each Closed Pit match will consit of 2 rounds of 60 minutes each.
3. Each round will be flow alternately in an Allied and Axis Plane set.
4. Missions and Plane sets will be historically based.
5. There will be a 15 minute break between rounds.

Match Rules
1. Vulching is permitted.
2. Teams must use correct national markings.
3. Each team aircraft must bear a unique identification marking.
4. Bail out will be disabled.
5. Downed or landed aircraft must refly immediately.
6. A player who disconnects may reconnect with points reset to zero.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on October 12, 2008, 07:37:10 PM
...1,) What it is:

...Team Composition
2. Defined match team size is 8...

I'm kind of thinking that this # is a bit low for AH.  I wouldn't want to participate if we had to form multiple teams from AH, competing against each other, and also wouldn't want to participate if only a small portion of AH wished to even take part.  Hmm, I guess that sort of leaves me out, eh?

_AH_Duff4r

Moggy, I love ya man but ya kill me!  As soon as I read that I said, "Well "ol' Crooked Eye won't like this!"  Soooo...... Since I agree with you, I sent the man an email asking just some of the things you mentioned.

How many BIG squads are members.

Can we have two teams that DO NOT compete against each other.

When do we fly.

How often do we fly.

yadayadayada..

S~
Duff

I let everyone know.

OBTW, I registered under an alias not giving my _AH handle OR the squads name.  Best to check it all out first.  I hate the "hard feelings" thing.

We're big enough I'm sure they'd love to have us.

_AH_Duff4r

Ahhhhh! and here we have our answer, well to SOME of my questions:

Greetings

We currently have two divisions. One is open pit view and the other is full cockpit view, or closed pit.
You may have one team in each division. The fact that you have a large squad means you may have to cycle out your players during a season, but we have seen matches with as many as 18 per side.

A season will last 6-8 weeks with match play once per week. There is a 1-2 week semi final followed by the World Championship match.

We currently have 7 open pit teams registered and 5 closed pit teams registered. We will, most likely, close registration when we have 10-12 teams registered, in each division.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Why do I like this?  Cuz, although the AI can pull some bogus maneuvers from time to time, there is nothing like killin' a "breather".  We do this or something like it an Viper won't have any troubles getting wingman students.

S~
Duff

Command can take it from here....of course if we decide to talk more and you want me to help I would certainly do that.  Possibly Hogan, scince this was his find!

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  if there are enough AH interested in participating in this, i see no reason to say no to them.
  it's not my cup of tea, so to speak.. so count me out.. but heck, it looks like a once a week deal.. so if there are enough, why not?

that being said.. i only see a handful that replied to the AVG invite..  would hate to have our guys say "in" and then not show up. but if we've got enough guys that are gonna  participate,   it might bring a some new members which is always a good thing.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.