HOLY COW!

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, October 07, 2009, 12:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Prop

Theres a CRT 2 issue with UP2.0 from what Ive read on it, Im kinda hesitant on installing it, plus theres a pretty big performance hit as well.

_AH_DarkWolf

Don't you already have UP 2.0 installed already?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Viper

He must not have it.  He's been in 2.0 rooms with us so I've thought.  No performance hits at all and CRT2 mostly means that those joining a game by the host without the same settings won't get in.
And with all the testing and the voting makes me wonder where Prop was.  LOL

_AH_Prop

I had UP 2.0 installed yesterday, I was away for a month housesitting. What I meant was this sound mod has issues with U.P 2.0 i.e frame rates and incompatibility with certain features, therefore I wont install it yet.

_AH_Viper

With the sound mods or just 2.0 in general.  Personally I haven't had a problem aside with not knowing which Zuti mod was being run by the host  Tiger33 has just released his new sound mods for the game.  Check them out in Hogans Holy Cow thread.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Silly Viper, your in the "HOLY COW" thread...

_AH_Viper

They sound awesome IMHO. The fly by's have to be heard to be believed.  Now all I have to do is install them properly..

_AH_Viper

_AH_Autorotate

got it in. i'll give it an A- but needs refinement. a few sounds are missing, I'm sure fixes for that are on the way though, worth the install anyway.

figured out how to install it painlessly.. well maybe it will sting a little.
it takes less than 10 minutes now that i know how, just requires replacing some txt in your config.ini and the back up and replacement of a few files in a folder..
get with me if you want to install. we worked the bugs out of it last night with fox, johnny, olds, zulu, and jet.

engines sounds are an improvement
flybys are sweet sounding. almost like recordings of real aircraft... but they are a little odd. they don't work the same way as the sounds do now. not a constant sound from the plane, more of a sound track just played and timed to the flyby depending on speed. so they can seem a little off timed or weird soundin but eh, who uses the flyby much other than to hear the plane go buy sometimes. deff worth it.

_AH_Shrtaprch

_AH_Olds

I have my sounds working, and WOW! do they sound awesome!  :cool: One thing that I was wondering about, were there supposed to be wing fold sounds in this new sound mod? I found a file called wing.wav, and it has a hydraulic sound like a wing folding. It doesn't sound the same as the flap sounds. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Autorotate

ever since its been in.....
weirddddddddddddddd stuffs been happening...

most the time i just get a crash and can't even get into the game. black screens, lock-ups, CTD on loadups.

and when i do get into a game, some weird black screens alot.

_AH_Prop

auto, are you using that 1gb optimizer thingy? It was giving me similar issues after activating it.

_AH_Autorotate

Yes i am, but i've been running since 2.0 came out and it runs fine... until i put the new sound mod in last night

i'll try disabling it for a bit see if it does it but i doubt that.

_AH_Autorotate

update. i did turn that off, seems to work kind of better, ran a few missions without glitches. until the very end of one mission. still causing problems i think. going to keep tweaking until its fixed. there has to be a way. i know my way around the working files of this game like the back of my hand by now.