Tracer Fix

Started by _AH_Zipzag, January 24, 2010, 04:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Zipzag

Heres a fix and an easy fix for your tracers , just place the file into your mod folder . Theres differnt coloured tracers for the differnt kinds of ammo out there .   30 cal. I think is white and the 50s are red .

http://www.mediafire.com/?t2mzmmmwmuz
   ~S~

_AH_Duff4r

Here's another one I just don't get??

I asked Jack for one last night just to see what it was..and how it was different from:

00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Defined as: "This addon by Philip.ed gives intermittent 2D smoketrail to bullets. It is not crt=2 sensitive."

Why aren't we using that?  I am and I know DW is

Simply move 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail from the left side of the JSGME to the right and close.

Da Duff aka Frank, <scratchin' his head>

_AH_Zipzag

intermitant smoke is suppose to be part of the uraniam edition as well , but the thing dont work for some , and the tracer mod works , no having to full around with the jsgme to get tracers, with this youll always have em !

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. I can't enable intermittent smoke and Stock Clouds at the same time.. i get a message that says it might cause instability.. and even when i emable it anyway, it greys out the stock clouds..

The tracer mod that Zip showed me works best for me. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

That's normal BBQ and happens regardless of where you enable it.  In the JSGME it simply lets you know it's happening before you do it.  No instability at all!

Actually if you were to read, here is what it says:

"Folder "Files\Effects" has already been added by the "00_StockClouds" mod."

Lots of stuff does that.  No deal, No Problem, just click yes.
S~

Of course...use what you want to...It's your game  :happy-016:

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks for trying to help, Duff4r..

When i click yes, the stock clouds mod gets greyed out.  I don't know if the greyed out part means it's disabled or not.

Actually if you were to read, here is what it says:

Enabling this mod *may* have adverse effects on your game.
Are you sure you wish to enable this mod?

Seems "may have adverse effects" is the key part.

and as you know.. any smoke effect seems to negatively affect frame rates, too.

Just trying to explain why some people might be not using it so you'll be able to stop scratching your head so much.. if you keep that up people might think you have fleas.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

LOL!

Thanks BBQ, it also saves the rapidly thinning cape :-}

The "Adverse affects" doesn't mean the game won't run it means you may not see what you thought you'd see because of an "Overwrite".

Trust me....the message you receive is very normal when one mod (in JSGME) overwites any file of another Mod.  The Gray-out simply makes you uninstall the overwriting Mod first then you can remove the greyed out mod as it will return to black again. When you enable the 00_StockClouds Mod and then 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail mod, 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail mod overwrites the 00_StockClouds Mod in this fashion:

The 00_StockClouds Mod folder structure is: Files\Effects\Clouds

The 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Mod folder structure is: Files\Effects\Materials and Files\Effects\SMOKES

or:
00_StockClouds Mod

Files
   Effects
       Clouds

and then: 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Mod

Files
   Effects
       Materials
       SMOKES

The net result of both Mods is:

Files
   Effects
       Clouds
       Materials
       SMOKES

You can quickly see this overwrite of the Files\Effects folders.  Were you to remove the 00_StockClouds Mod, it would orphan the folders: Materials and Effects as it would have removed the Folders: Files\Effects\Clouds. That's why it "Greys out" the 00_StockClouds Mod saying, "Hey user, remove the 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Mod First then the 00_StockClouds Mod"!

Take a look at your game folder: IL-2 Main Folder\jsgmemods.  In the jsgmemods folder you can open the individual mods that may be enabled and inspect the file structures of each.  I'm sure one look and you'll go, AHHHH!  I got it!

FWIW, this actually happens when you put these mods in your MODS folder but each MOD is enabled with an intact folder structure, therefore when removing a specific mod by placing a (-) in front of it, it doesn't remove other required folders and doesn't orphan any folders.

In conclusion, the JSGME does two things:

1.) It allows for quick enable and disable of Mods

2.) It combines like file structures instead of compounding them.

Why use JSGME?  Faster loading as the game doesn't have as many folders to search through.

Remember, the order of loading is: files.sfs, then Files Folder, then the jsgmemods folder, then each Mod, then the MODS folder, then Each MOD

or:
Mainfolder
     files.sfs
           Files
              jsgmemods
                   each Mod
                        MODS <===== assuming the (-) is removed, if not it is skipped
                            each Mod

Finally - GAME LOADS ALL FILES AND MODS THEN STARTS

Umm.....Holy Cow Did I write all this? :-}

S~
Duff!

_AH_Jack

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks for the info Duff.

Should I put my personal mods like my cockpit repaints into the JSGME folder? Will that make the game load faster?

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~                                    HUH? x2
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

Hogan,

In a word..NO! Not enough to worry about.

For the HUH! Guys, sorry but BBQ is inquisitive and likes to know how the whole thing works.  I know he understands and with respect for his understanding try to give a complete answer.

For everyone else...IGNORE all JSGME warning messages or don't use it!  Move all the MODs from the jsgmemods folder to the old MODS folder.  Be sure to remove all (-)'s from the MODS folder and all MODs inside with the exception of the ones you DO NOT WANT enabled.

S~
Duff

_AH_Zipzag

I get intermitant smoke trails as well as tracers , they both work together for me . Ive also put the battle sights mod in my mod folder and everything works great , and ive had no adverse affects when used in combo with any configuration I used in the JSGME . 

Even if your smoke trails work , I would still recommend this tracer mod.  and stop with the smoke and mirrors.

~S~