JSGME Error Message explanation for ALL

Started by _AH_Duff4r, February 02, 2010, 04:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Johnny and All,

The "Adverse affects error message" doesn't mean the game won't run it means you may not see what you thought you'd see because of a file "Overwrite".

Trust me....the message you receive is very normal when one mod (in JSGME) overwites any file of another Mod.  The Gray-out simply makes you uninstall the overwriting Mod first then you can remove the greyed out mod as it will return to black again. When you enable the 00_StockClouds Mod and then 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail mod, 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail mod overwrites the 00_StockClouds Mod in this fashion:

The 00_StockClouds Mod folder structure is: Files\Effects\Clouds

The 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Mod folder structure is: Files\Effects\Materials and Files\Effects\SMOKES

or:
00_StockClouds Mod

Files
    Effects
        Clouds

and then: 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Mod

Files
    Effects
        Materials
        SMOKES

The net result of both Mods is:

Files
    Effects
        Clouds
        Materials
        SMOKES

You can quickly see this overwrite of the Files\Effects folders.  Were you to remove the 00_StockClouds Mod, it would orphan the folders: Materials and Effects as it would have removed the Folders: Files\Effects\Clouds. That's why it "Greys out" the 00_StockClouds Mod saying, "Hey user, remove the 00_Bullets_IntermittantSmoketrail Mod First then the 00_StockClouds Mod"!

Take a look at your game folder: IL-2 Main Folder\jsgmemods.  In the jsgmemods folder you can open the individual mods that may be enabled and inspect the file structures of each.  I'm sure one look and you'll go, AHHHH!  I got it!

FWIW, this actually happens when you put these mods in your MODS folder but each MOD is enabled with an intact folder structure, therefore when removing a specific mod by placing a (-) in front of it, it doesn't remove other required folders and doesn't orphan any folders.

In conclusion, the JSGME does two things:

1.) It allows for quick enable and disable of Mods

2.) It combines like file structures instead of compounding them.

Why use JSGME?  Faster loading as the game doesn't have as many folders to search through.

Remember, the order of loading is: files.sfs, then Files Folder, then the jsgmemods folder, then each Mod, then the MODS folder, then Each MOD

or:
Mainfolder
      files.sfs
            Files
               jsgmemods
                    each Mod
                         MODS <===== assuming the (-) is removed, if not it is skipped
                             each Mod

Finally - GAME LOADS ALL FILES AND MODS THEN STARTS

Sorry if this is boring...I do try to answer everones Q's as and if I can.

S~
Duff