What's News - 2/7/10

Started by _AH_Duff4r, February 07, 2010, 08:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

I will try to add this weekely.  I totally realize this isn't for everyone, but should at least be of some interest to most.

WARNING **ONLY MODIFY A COPY OF THE GAME, NOT THE _AH_Official** You been WARNED!!

1.) Last night Boosher and I headed off into parts unknown and downloaded the first ever "drivable" vehicles.  The Jeep and the KubelWagen.  The cars are total blast to drive.  It won't be long and those that don't want a plane will be defending the field in a tank or AA battery.  Anyone want to drive a PT boat?
To install: Remove the (-) from your MODs folder but...the STD folder that resides with in must now have a (-) in front like this: -STD

Download:

a.) DiffFM.7z - Put this in your MODS folder.  It must be first. Or put it into your jsgmemods so you can take it out.  It must be out to fly Jets.

b.) Vehicles - put this in your MODS folder

c.) Add this to your air.ini -

Wagen             air.WAGEN 2                                     g01   SUMMER
Jeep                air.JEEP 2                                      usa01   SUMMER

d.) Add this to your plane_ru.properties

Wagen                KubelWagen, 1942
Jeep                   Jeep, 1942

2.) We also added to the the L-5A Stinson which has been modified to be the first ever "Arty-Spotter".  This is very cools as you look out the left window then hit weapon # 1 key to spot them then the weapon # 2 key and the AA batteries will fire a salvo!  Boosh and I had fun with this :-}  I personally like this...what a great way to relax or to bring your kids/grandkids into the game.

Download the L-5A here: Stinson L-5A - put in MODS folder

Add this to your air.ini: L-5A        air.L_5A            NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER

Make a new Paint Schemes Folder called: "L-5A"

3.) I now have Tigers sounds working but....only with the SAS (<== illegal for _AH!!) buttons files.  Seems talk about making this UP 2.0 buttons compatible has slowed down a bit.  Hopefully, we'll see more discussion this week.

4.) UltraPack, in a constant effort to provide only the best is working on Patch 2.0n (as in Nancy). This will be ongoing thing as more planes, maps, and stuff :-} is added. What's in the patch....more corrections and additions.  YES, it will install directly over 2.0 or 2.0m.

S~ ALL.  I will be at 3 different Superbowl parties and of course....not all at the same time.  C U at Mod Night, tomorrow night.

Duffer

_AH_Prop

_AH_Boosher

Truly an awesome vid! Thanks Prop!

_AH_Duff4r

LOL! Another:

jeep.wmv

OBTW - Did we tell you the headlights work by turning on your landing lights and that the wiper works by cycling your reticle dimmer?

S~
Duff

_AH_Prop

Prop pitch change = gearshift should be implemented  :lol-029:

_AH_z5o

does this mean Im going to have to get car insurance now.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Duff4r

Naah!  But it's signs of things to come.  More impressive is the L-5A'a ability to call in arty

Duff

_AH_Poncho

_AH_MOAB

~S~ Thanks Duff for the heads up on the MOD and the instructions on how to install it!!  That makes it easy for simple Simon's.

THANKS AGAIN!!