Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

Quote from: _AH_z5o on June 18, 2016, 07:38:19 PM
Well, I was wrong. My new drone got here real fast.
Here it is. The Syma X8HC with "Altitude Hold."

The can there to give you an ideal on the size of this thing.

That is cool! I also see that you have the Kentucky Soda Pop, Ale8 1. Tried it once...kinda different...couldn't help but notice.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_z5o

Its the only thing I drink.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_z5o

~S~ Gang, Heres some new pix fom my drone. Sorry for the tilt. It was windy and I don't have a gimbal,,, yet.

_AH_z5o

Had a little crash to day. The wind was up a little and I was running with it. Which meant I had a lot of speed and well. One thing led to another and crash. Hit so hard the battery went one way and the camera went another. The damage looked a lot worse than it was. I small buckling of one of the nacelle which doesn't seem to effect  the drone any. The upper half of the body was popped loss. but, otherwise no problem. Except a buzzing sound in one engine that later jammed that engine. It turned out to be grass seed in the engine assembly. Took it apart, inspected and cleaned it and its back up no worse for wear.

Damaged nacelle

_AH_DarkWolf

I'm not sure what kind of repairs you're doing but you do realize human medication will probobly not work on the drone, right?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

LOL, ya, I didn't notice them til after I posted this. You make like the 3rd person to call me out on those.
That what the VA gave me for stubbing my toe....... jk

_AH_Lippy

I must say I am kind of getting an urge to fly one of them things. Hey Z looks like my medicine cabinet.  :lol

_AH_z5o

Sure sign your getting old.
Lippy, if you do decide to get one. Start small, try the Syma X5HC. You can fly that one in doors. Then, when your feeling a little braver, go for the one of the X8's. The X5 runs about $50 US on eBay and the X8 around $100. THEN, if your really feeling wormy, you can go get what I'm wanting.... DJI Phantom 3 or 4. They'll run you around $600 for the 3 and $1300 for the 4. Now if you really REALY want to go nuts. Get the DJI Inspire 1 $3000. But, just make sure you learn how to fly a cheaper one first. Your going to crash it. No matter how hard you try. It will happen. but, on the bright, you can get all the parts for them on eBay real cheap and their easy to work on and... upgrade. Got to love those upgrades. FPV, GPS Lock, ground radar, collision avoidance, Brushless motors, etc etc.

_AH_Lippy

Ya indoors sounds fun especially during the rainy season. Well work is calling me time to run. ~S~

_AH_Nimble

hey Z   nice lookin drone u have there.....Ive been looking at them myself...looks like fun

_AH_z5o

~S~ Here some shots I took with my X8HC.

_AH_Nimble

this is the part of having a drone that interests me... the photographic part..... my my what s coming in the future
:happy-112: :happy-112:

_AH_z5o

~S~
Nimble, the future is here. The DJI Phantom 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=234&v=JJPSSqMQajA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHmOVShIspc

I want one of these so bad.
By the way, DJI will also insure your Phantom agents crash, theft etc.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Meanwhile, back at the bookstore -

_AH_Lippy

Ordered the Syma X5HC 6 day shipping should be fun in the back yard.