M Deck project

Started by _AH_Lippy, July 02, 2016, 10:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

Well I have dug 6 12" X 31" post footings, and poured over 1500 pounds of dry concrete. 19 x 80 pound bags of Quickrete extra strength. man I believe I need a day off. Besides my drone just showed up today so I will break it out and have a go at it. Here are some pics of the work I have done so far.
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7CD999872472E6DC%212642&cid=7CD999872472E6DC

_AH_fraggmann

Are you doing this alone or do you have help?
Thats a quite the job. My father did concrete work, from
ground break to cement finishing. He did the framing the
re-bar if needed . He could do it all from start to finish.
I used to work with him in my teen years to earn pocket money.
Looks like you know what you are doing.   ~S~
Good luck Lippy
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Bear

Nice job Lippy... keep posting updated photos...

_AH_Autorotate

i finished putting in 350 some feet of paddock fence with welded wire for our dogs in a few months ago...
dug 55 post holes and put a bag and a bit of concrete into each one, not to mention all the fencing in between.
the only help i got was with painting it from mrs auto.

soo... i feel your pain!
i hope i never have to mix another bag of concrete in a wheelbarrow ever again... :drinking-43:

_AH_Lippy

Yes frag I am alone, and in pain so I am going to take it easy tomorrow. Maybe do some measurements and fiddle around nothing big. Auto nice fence 55 + bags ouch. My deck was only 19 80 pound bags, but that includes lifting them from under the counter at the store and putting them into the truck. My left wrist is very very sore, dont know if I pulled something or not, recon tomorrow be the test.

_AH_Lippy

Here is the latest update and I am whooped getting the 4x6x10 up and onto the 4x4 and the 6x6 post wasnt fun.

_AH_Bear

Looks good buddy .. so tell me... how many times have you bonked your head on those beams you giant..

_AH_Lippy

i am surprised none so far. But if you look at the left side u see 2 4x4 that is where the steps are going to be. The distance from the beam and the top of the deck is 5' 11". So I am going to bring the steps inward from the edge of the deck. But that leaves a whole that you can fall down from so I am at a loss. Not sure how to resolve the issue. But I will figure it out.

_AH_Lippy

Well I finally have the plywood up on the roof and making good head way. I am worn out been 85 during the day and for me thats hot. Well here are the latest photos if ya interested.

_AH_Bear

looks good buddy.. :happy-112:

_AH_Col._Hogan

Lip is so tall he had to notch the roof line to keep from bangin his head.

Also, OSHA requires at least 3 rungs (36") of ladder extend past the roof line before transferring from ladder to roof.

I've contacted OSHA and they will have a rep onsite for all future construction on that project.

_AH_Lippy

:lol Ya I am going to install a little gable at the notch and you are right I had to do something.

_AH_Bear

hahhaha.. i was looking at that notch going... yea.. hes a giant!  hahaha

_AH_Lippy

in order to cover the door I had to extend the roof out about a foot and half. That put the supports at 5 foot 11 inches. So I had no choice. Dont need to be a giant to bumbp you head on those supports. If you look at the first couple of pics you will see mt deli-ma.

_AH_Twenty

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on July 27, 2016, 12:16:55 AM

Also, OSHA requires at least 3 rungs (36") of ladder extend past the roof line before transferring from ladder to roof.

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3124.pdf

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Gator

haha that what they told me I said kiss my @$$ young man you need to go back to school :happy-112:

_AH_Bear

Thats a lady Gator .. a lady... kinda like a man but not... soft squishy and they smell good sometimes..

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Lippy

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   That really looks neat. A lot of hours and labor in that project. It adds to the appearance of the  home.

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Lippy

Thanks TD it was alot of work, I am not quite done yet. but with the rainy season fastly approaching I dont think I will get it all done till next spriing.

_AH_Nimble

Nimble can paint himself into a corner with the best of them   :drinking-43: