_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Lippy

BB I could have swore i won the first or second heat not doubting you but. how do we see the track.

_AH_Archie

Lippy Pm me your email and i will send you the tracks

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

No results to post from last night's race yet. But in the meantime, Here's the practice track for Race 10.

http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/111X%20Dogfight.zip

Track: Dogfight Track
Plane: I 153
Laps: 1, 2, 3

This is a track originally built by Deviant.  I've done a lot of editing to it, but haven't changed the layout of the track at all.   
  Lots of hills and curves.  I 153 has  a gravity fed carb, so it's easy to stall pushing over the top of some of the hills.   

Should make for a good final race of the season.  Seems there should be lots of opportunities to pass other planes on this track.

I placed some fuel storage tanks on the track to show where the invisible trees are. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Lippy

BB this is going to be tough with no rudder or elevator trim on this plane. It wants to push up hard, your right its going to make for lots of passing and crashes. Heck some of the left handed turns you don't even need to use elevators lol. Nice job BB love the track.

_AH_z5o

Trim!?!, you got time to trim!?!
Best I can hope for is a misguided attempted at a tap or two on mt trim keys. 
I really miss my trim nobs  :sad-056:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_BBQhead

S~  I finally got some time to add up the points for Race # 9..

Lots of fun with the last race.. It was a little unnerving with the straight line dirt bike racing type start.. but once things got sorted after the first couple of turns, there was some really tight clean racing.. some of the closest ever..

Practice track ten is available ( link in a previous post).. should be quite the spectacticle if we have as many on the course as we did last week.. even if we don't, I think it's the kind of track that'll  get some  laughs going.  Reminds me a little of the What's My Line Track, but not quite as challenging, maybe more places to pass, and with the gravity fed carbs in the I 153's... kind of unpredictable.      

Here are the results for Race 9.. Good to see another name at the top of the podium for this one.

Heat # 1

Archie .15
BBQ ....12
Z 50 ...10
Olds ... 9
Gonzo .. 1
Lippy .. 1
TD ..... 1
HA_50 .. 1
Gatl~gun 1
Foxbat . 1
Rgaa ... 1
Nimble.. 1

Heat # 2

Lippy ..16
Foxbat .13
Z50 ....11
Gonzo ..10
Archie . 1
BBQ .... 1
HA_50 .. 1
TD ..... 1
Nimble . 1
Rgaa ... 1
Gatl~gun 1
Olds ... 1

Heat # 3

Foxbat .17
Gonzo ..14
BBQ ....12
Z 50 ...11
Gatl~gun10
Olds ... 1
Archie . 1
Lippy .. 1
Ha_50 .. 1
Nimble . 1
Rgaa ... 1

*********Results of Race # 9*********

Z5o ....32
Foxbat..31
BBQ ....25
Gonzo...25
Lippy ..18
Archie .17
Gatl~gun12
Olds ...11
Rgaa ... 3
Nimble . 3
HA_50 .. 3
TD ..... 2

*********Season Standings after 9 Races*********

Archie .340
BBQ ....245
Lippy ..171
Gonzo ..161
Rgaa ...133
Olds ...133
HA_50 ..112
Z5o .... 83
Toccs .. 65
Gat~gun  56
Foxbat . 53
Nimble . 46
HA_25 .. 33
  TD ..... 21
Boosher  10
August .  6
Bear ...  5
Gator ..  3
HA_77 ..  3
KBanjo .  2  

_AH_Olds

WOW! I'm tied with Rgaa!  :happy-026: Now if I can just pass him...  :lol
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Nimble

I practice trimming the plane..... see what it takes to put it in the ball park... then trim before takeoff..... just count the clicks you give it  and givem before the start... u might be off a little... but its better than nothing eh? (wavey)

_AH_Lippy

Nim there isnt any trim on this plane

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Another Season of Racing has come to an end, and hopefully all who participated had as much fun as I did.   

Seems we had a good number of racers for every race this time around, and even with as many planes as there were on the track, there were less crashes than in previous seasons. This isn't to say that it might not have seemed that way at times as I think we were all at some point bumped and jostled, but we know that's bound to happen once in a while when you're flying sometimes inches away from other planes. 
Was rewarding to see the high level of sportsmanship as we all were feeling quite competitive and none of us was immune to having a disappointing night on the track.  I think that level of gamesmanship and the really good in close tight flying made this season one that I think I'll remember for a long time to come.   
Thanks to all that came out, even if it was just one night, was glad to see guys that have not tried it before come onto the track and have a go at it. And thanks to those that flew as many races as they did.  The new points system seemed to work well since we had quite a few guys racing for season standing positions right down to the last race.    Might tweak it just a little more for the next season to try and keep the point standings even closer. 

And here are the results for last nights final race, and the Season Totals.

Heat # 1

Fox ..,,15
Gonzo ..12
HA_50 ..10
Nimble . 9
Gat~gun  8
Lippy .. 1
BBQ .... 1
Doc .... 1
Rgaa ,,, 1
Olds ... 1
TD ..... 1

Heat # 2

BBQ ....16
Gonzo ..13
Doc ....11
Fox .... 9
HA_50 .. 1
Gat~gun  1
Lippy .. 1
Rgaa ... 1
TD ..... 1
Olds ... 1
Archie . 1
Nimble . 1

Heat # 3

Gonzo ..17
Rgaa ...14
Archie .12
Olds ... 1
Lippy .. 1
Fox .... 1
Nimble . 1
BBQ .... 1
Gat~gun  1
HA_50 .. 1

********** Results of Race 10**********

Gonzo ..42
Fox ....25
BBQ ....18
Rgaa ...16
Archie .13
Doc ....12
HA_50 ..12
Nimble .11
Gat~gun 10
Lippy .. 3
Olds ... 3
TD ..... 2

**********Season Final Standings **********

Archie .353
BBQ ....263
Gonzo ..203
Lippy ..174
Rgaa ...149
Olds ...136
HA_50 ..124
Z5o .... 83
Foxbat . 78
Gat~gun  66
Toccs .. 65
Nimble . 57
HA_25 .. 33
TD ..... 23
Doc .... 12
Boosher  10
August .  6
Bear ...  5
Gator ..  3
HA_77 ..  3
KBanjo .  2   

Congrats, Archie. 

I thought a couple screen shots from last night would be worthwhile, too....For those that haven't been to the races.. Here's what they tend to look like..

Five planes coming around a turn at the top of the first hill.

Those same five planes about 1 minute  and 5 turns later , starting to climb another hill and shuffling for position while trying to find the line that will  get them past each other.

Thanks again for the fun season..

_AH_Gonzo

Thanks for organizing and managing the racing season BBQ! Congrats to Archie and BBQ, but a special mention goes out to all the guys who threw their hat in the ring... most of them ended up on the podium at one point or another. Heck, just completing a race on some of the tracks is a feat in itself! Well done all and thanks to all for their sportsmanship making it so much fun.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_z5o

Ya, thanks BB. I had a blast. Learned alot, moved up, had fun doing it. Yup that about covers everything I had on my list of things I wanted to do this year.
Looking forward to next senson.
S! Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Nimble

Great racing BBQ... I truely enjooyed the season this year even though I couldnt participate as much as I wanted..... but the more I raced the more I enjoyed it so  I will just repeat some words from the terminator...."Ill be back"   and maybe next time I wont lose my hat .....eh??? :surprised-027:   thanks BBQ...... you did an exceptional job managing the racing league

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

Thanks BBQ,didn't know air racing could be that much fun.
_AH_Gatlingun