UltraPack 2.0 Conversion and Help

Started by _AH_Duff4r, January 07, 2010, 02:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Hiyas,

I am going to post some helpful hints on how to convert to UltraPack 2.0

In a perfect world: If you have plenty of Hard Drive room

1. Make a copy of your stock IL-2 1946 4.08 and rename it to...as an example: IL-2 UltraPack.

2. Download and install 4.09m from the link supplied here: http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?topic=1770.0 I recommend using the Mission4Today link.

3. You are now at version: 4.09m

4. Now create another folder and from the same link download: http://il2ultrapack.net46.net/index.php/topic,1155.0.html and place ALL 7 files in the folder you created.

5. Install UltraPack 2.0 by double-clicking on the up_20_full.part01.exe and point it at your new game folder the one you named: IL-2 UltraPack or what ever you named the copy.

6. Stand back and let it install!!!

7. When installed go to you new IL-2 UltraPack main folder and find JSGME.exe and make a "shortcut" to it on your desktop if, it's not already there!

8. Double click the "shortcut" and it will launch IL-2 UltraPack JSGME GUI which looks like this:

9. To enable MODs highlight the desired MOD and move it from the right side to the left side using the arrow.

10. To disable MODs highlight them and move them from Left to right again using the arrow.

That's all there is to it!

Duff

_AH_Duff4r

Not Enough Hard Drive space??

1.)  Using the IL-2 Version Switcher, return your game to stock 4.08m

2.)  Open you IL-2 1946 Main Folder and delete the following:

Files:

_Switch_408_Mods_On.bat
_Switch_408_Mods_On_With_6DOF.bat
_Switch_408_No_Mods.bat
_Switch_409_Mods_ON.bat
_Switch_409_Mods_On_With_6DOF.bat
_Switch_409_No_Mods.bat
Il2VersionSwitcher.exe

Folders:

Delete the Files folder only:  IL-2 Main Folder\Files
Delete the MODs folder only:  Il-2 Main Folder\MODs

3.)  Update to 4.09m as per above post. (Step #2)

4.)  Download and Install UltraPack 2.0 as per above post. (Step #4)

5.)  Complete (Steps #5 through 10) as per above post

S~
Duff

_AH_Moby

~S~!  Thanks Duff!   Question.... anyway to get the sounds from UI 1.2 into UP 2.0 temporarily until the new sounds for UP 2.0 are available?  We tried to get the sounds in on comms for quite a while earlier this week, but alas it was a no go.  Any thoughts?

Regards,
Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Prop

I cant wait to get home and install this, I already have a clean 4.09, so hopefully the install will be seamless.

_AH_Viper

~S Fellow UP2.0 graduates.  Just remember that when the install is finished. The JSGME will be put on your desktop automatically as part of the install.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Viper. Yep...I have the JSGME thingie on my desk top and when I click on it there is a drop down with a whole list of things on the left side. What the ....is all that about???
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Twisted

I haven't even installed this thing and I'm with TD.. Lost and confused. I'll follow the thread a bit more.

Now I do have a question. What about all my Skins? I'll have to save my current folder as I'm not about to give all those up. Also is this a drag and drop to replace the new one made as before?

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah, it's simple to just copy and paste your 1.1.1 skins folder into your UP 2.0 skins folder.  There are a whack of skin folders missing in UP 2.0, but I've got a zip with em all that peeps can just chuck in there.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Not into the 2.0 skins folder on top of the 2.0 skins folder and overwrite

S!

_AH_Moby

RGRT Hogan.   It should leave you with approximately 582 folders in your UP 2.0 skins folder....that's how many I have after overwriting my 2.0 skins folder with DW's zipped up skins folder for 2.0.

Hope this helps!

~S~!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Viper

Boy do I need DW's zipped up skins folder.  On to another item of interest. The clouds in 2.0 are alright but I just finished using Flushys clouds instead and IMOP it rocks.  Also installed OLC Frame Booster.  It did give me a little FPS increase while using the cloud mod etc.  So now I have another mod in my JSGME now.  Working on the water next.  I've seen some textures that really impressed me.  It was so real looking but I'm going to incorporate them in certain maps only. I will post screen shots later.

~S~

_AH_Duff4r

Moby,

Yes there is and it's easy...

1.)  Open your Main UP 2.0 Game folder to: IL-2 UP 2.0 Main\Files\samples and place a (-) in front so it looks like this: IL-2UP 2.0 Main\Files\-samples.

2.) Open your Main UI 1.2 folder to: IL-2 UI 1.2Main\files and find the folder "presets" which contains the folders; "acoustics" and "sounds".  Copy the "presets" folder and paste it into the folder: IL-2 UP 2.0 Main\Files.  Now copy the samples folder from: IL-2 UI 1.2Main\files and paste it in the L-2 UP 2.0 Main\Files also.  The whole thing should look like this:

Viper,
Thanks I forgot that the shortcut is automatically there! Oh and here's the link to the skins folder that DW posted: http://www.4shared.com/file/186076613/607f0559/SkinFolders.html

TD,
The stuff on the left side are the MODs.  Simply highlight what you want to use on the left and then click the right pointing arrow on the GUI and it will move from left to right.  To remove a MOD highlight it and click on the left pointing arrow and it will move from right to left.

S~ Guys
Duff

_AH_Archie

~S~ Duff

Wouldnt it be easier for TD to highlight the mod on the left and hit the arrow key to move it to the right?

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Viper

Thanks for the Download that DW had Duff4r.  These are just folders, no planes? Are these folders not in 2.0 that have to be installed?

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Archie on January 08, 2010, 03:46:40 AM
~S~ Duff

Wouldnt it be easier for TD to highlight the mod on the left and hit the arrow key to move it to the right?

Arch

LOL! Ummm..that's what I was trying to say!  Thanks for the correction and yes you are right.

S~
Duff