UltraPack 2.0 Conversion and Help

Started by _AH_Duff4r, January 07, 2010, 02:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Viper on January 08, 2010, 05:25:59 AM
Thanks for the Download that DW had Duff4r.  These are just folders, no planes? Are these folders not in 2.0 that have to be installed?

Yes, they are empty folders to support the added planes in UP.  Just add them to your skins folder and add all the skins you want.

S~
Duff

_AH_Viper

Now all I have to do is find the planes to put in them..LOL

_AH_taldrg

~S~ With all due respect, I know how to move things from the left to the right. What I do not know is just what the ....all them thingies are...like your everyday use of zuli_dsmod_v1.1.up and everyones favoret zloyPtrushkO_AAAmod fast and lets not forget QMBPro_Pal...which is a 'Pal' to us all. What will happen if I just put ALL of them over to the right and forget the whole thing???
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Archie

~S~ Duff

Sorry my bad, i just reread your post.  I got all mixed up with the red arrow pointing at TASKS.  I thought that is the way you were telling TD to switch the mods.

Will learn to read better before posting...

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on January 08, 2010, 05:37:09 AM
~S~ With all due respect, I know how to move things from the left to the right. What I do not know is just what the ....all them thingies are...like your everyday use of zuli_dsmod_v1.1.up and everyones favoret zloyPtrushkO_AAAmod fast and lets not forget QMBPro_Pal...which is a 'Pal' to us all. What will happen if I just put ALL of them over to the right and forget the whole thing???

NO Problem Archie  (wavey)

TD,
Take your mouse and click on any of the MODs listed below, left or right side, and it will give you a discription of what the Mod is and when it should be enabled.  Take a look!

Also....Open the IL-2 UltraPack Main folder and navigate to a folder called "jsgmemods".  Open that folder and inside that folder is where all the MODS that you see listed in your JSGME are stored.  Open any of those folders say: The 00_EFFECTS_High and you will find a file called "HighEffects.jsgme".  This is where the description of the MOD is stored. exmp:

All new Affects plus Full Josse's clouds. Smoke and fire and explosion view distances are MUCH greater so that these are visible from much further away. The most visually satisfying. Competitive Online players and those with older PC's may wish to avoid.

This is a is a simple text file that you can modify to say what YOU want it to!!

Salute TD and others!

Duff4r

_AH_taldrg

~S~ and thanks duff, ol' buddy. It is getting clearer and clearer. I now know how to find out what each one means. Now,hopfully,my last question. Which one/s would I pick...when would I pick and why would I pick? Opps...that was 3 questions..sorry.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Sorry I havn't been around but I'm going through a couple of life changing events  (glasses)  anyway...I should be on early this evening, say about 5pm EST, if possible was wondering if anyone who is pretty famiular with this new install could be avaliable to kinda help me through it.  Thanks  :lol-029:

_AH_Duff4r

You're all good now?

Let me know if you need more :-}

I sent you a PM with what I think contains the "objects list" you asked for.

Duff

_Deuce_

I see all these pictures with the JSGME and "OLC Water" what the heck is that, and what does it do? I'm thinking I might want it, if it increases the detail of the water.

_AH_Toccs

No frickin joy. It stops loading @ 5%. All I get is a splash screen then it crashes to desktop. Thank God for COD4.

_Deuce_

Same Problem as Toccs here. Seems the D2D version is going to be one of those pain in the a$$ things. Trying a fix.

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Corona

Going to have to get 4.08 from Poncho to have a fresh install.
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Deuce on January 14, 2010, 10:56:06 PM
I see all these pictures with the JSGME and "OLC Water" what the heck is that, and what does it do? I'm thinking I might want it, if it increases the detail of the water.

Yeppers,

It's a Water Mod:

[MOD] OLC Water V2
I've released a new version (OLC Water V2) which looks a bit nicer (IMO) and has the exact same memory footprint as the stock water, so now players short on VRAM can use the mod. If you already have V1 then delete it or disable it before installing V2.

This mod makes the water look better in "perfect" mode with Water=0/1, especially on land-based missions where the water is mostly found in rivers and lakes (which should not have such large "waves" on them as we normally see in IL2).

This mod is compatible with all other mods AFAIK.

This mod is designed only for use with Water=0 or Water=1!

This mod will not do anything if you're not running in "perfect" mode.

Just drop it into your MODS folder and you're good to go...

http://www.filefront.com/14171255/OLC-Water-V2.rar/  <==== No sun Reflection added

http://www.filefront.com/14171677/OLC-Sun-Reflection-for-OLC-Water-V2.rar <==== Sun Reflection added

Regards & S~
Duff

_AH_taldrg

~S~ ALL: You know me and Mods...they scare me to death...so with that said may I ask a question here? When I read all the present and, I am sure, futuer posts showing things to click on for water and clouds and sun and dust and what ever, will I need to do it or can I just fly even if the whole world looks flat?