Bomb Bay Doors and More We need this!

Started by _AH_Duff4r, December 08, 2008, 01:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Download: Bomb Bay Doors

Readme:
- Manually open/close bomb bay doors.
- Display TAS in addition to IAS in the speedbar. (also requires the HUDConfig mod)
- Separate gear up/down controls.
- Separate tailhook up/down controls.
- **NEW** Separate radiator open/close controls
- The server can set various limited external view options while 'No External Views' is turned on.
-- External view only of player's own aircraft.
-- External views only while player is on the ground.
-- External views only when player is dead.
-- **NEW** External views of friendlies only.
- **NEW** Toggle music on/off while flying.
- **NEW** Modified airshow smoke (red, white, or blue...from the tail of the aircraft).

Great! Mod!
S~
Duff

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  if the friendly extrernals only works, we should get it. 

can our testers please have a go in their test folders and let us know about the 'undocumented' features you find?   thanks.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

Here's from the readme...

Allow external view only of of friendlies only (mission parameter)
------------------------------------------------------------------

With this option, with 'No External Views' turned on in the difficulty settings, all players who have this mod can still shift to external view of friendly aircraft only (only F2/Shift+F2 and F8/Shift+F8 view).

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line:  ViewExternalFriendlies  1

It can be done Server_Side

_AH_Duff4r

SUCCESS!!

Works awesome!!!

Obviously you must have the above mod installed.  OBTW the bomb bay doors work too!  (wavey)

Just open a .mis file with notepad and add the following below the last entry

[Mods]
  ViewExternalFriendlies  1

:cool:

S~
Duff

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Stiffy

well, I installed it and have realized that F3 isnt one of the views allowed

i dont know about all of you but fly-by-view is something i use quite a bit

seems ill have to figure out another way to see behind me quickly

_AH_Duff4r

I'm lost???

What did you install where?

1.  This is the Bomb Bay door Mod. ==>  install it and set a key for Power=10.  This will now operate "Most all" of the bomb bay doors in the game.

2.  This can be used to set Friendly Views ONLY in a server.

Not sure why anyone would use any other part of this?

Here's the part of the readme that refers to views:

1.)  Allow external view of friendlies only (mission parameter)

With this option, with 'No External Views' turned on in the difficulty settings, all players who have this mod can still shift to external view of friendly aircraft only (only F2/Shift+F2 and F8/Shift+F8 view).

==> On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line:  ViewExternalFriendlies  1 <==

Add to the bottom of a .mis file like this:

[Mods]

Save file......Done!

2.) Allow external view only of player's own aircraft (mission parameter)

With this option, with 'No External Views' turned on in the difficulty settings, all players who have this mod can still shift to external view outside their aircraft only (only F2 and F8 view).

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line:  ViewExternalSelf  1

3.) Allow external view only while player is on the ground (mission parameter)

With this option alone, with 'No External Views' turned on in the difficulty settings, all players who have this mod can shift to external views, but only while they are alive and their aircraft is on the ground (F2/Shift+F2/Ctrl+F2 and F8/Shift+F8/Ctrl+F8). If combined with the 'ViewExternalSelf  1' parameter described previously, all players can view only outside their own aircraft (F2 and F8) and only while on the ground and alive.

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line:  ViewExternalOnGround  1

4.) Allow external view only when player is dead (mission parameter)

With this option, with 'No External Views' turned on in the difficulty settings, all players who have this mod can shift to external views, but only after they have died (F2/Shift+F2/Ctrl+F2 and F8/Shift+F8/Ctrl+F8).

On the server, in the [Mods] section of the mission (.mis) file add the line:  ViewExternalWhenDead  1

_AH_Stiffy

ok all i did was instal the bomb bay door mod,

but, in a mission i added 
[Mods]

when playing that mission, yes i could only see friendly
but, what i realized is that F3 (flyby view) was not available
and thats a view i use alot to see behind me

im not saying it wasnt working, what i was saying is that i didnt realize it wasnt available and wanted to point out that it wasnt available to others

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks for the report, Stiffy.

Sounds like it is working as advertised.. but the external views are quite limited.. no external padlock, no flyby view, etc.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_taldrg

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

Correct....Just the F2 and the F8 views.  Isn't that good enough??

S~
Duff

_AH_Stiffy

its just something i would need to relearn, if i didnt use it so much it wouldnt be a issue

_AH_Duff4r

To revisit this...
1.  The host (server) must have this mod installed.
2.  The host (Server) must open the .mis file and add case sensitive [Mods] to the bottom of the .mis file and then under that: ViewExternalFriendlies  1
Like this:

[Mods]

3.  Now he MUST Switch OFF External views, YES switch them OFF!  This does force people entering the server to have the MOD.  If they don't have this MOD the DO NOT have ANY external views.

4.  This is easy!  For any one NOT hosting there is nothing to do but install the mod by unzipping into (Your Game Folder/Mods

5.  Nothing to configure nothing to do just fly and hit {Shift+F2 or Shift+F8}

S~
Duff

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  F2 and Shift F2  i use very rarely..  it's a start..at least you could see around your plane on the ground so as to avoid collisions on the ground... and let you watch the action after you're on the ground or under water..  not sure if it is enough to be worth the trouble, though cuz for me.. might as well be locked in the cockpit completely if only F2 and F8 are working.

but that's just my opinion..   too bad they didn't open them all, then allow the host to decide what would remain available.  i use ..well i'm not sure what the default button is.. maybe F3 or F4..  external padlock enemy and friendly.. Stiffy uses flyby.. whichever that one is....  .. i can only guess that there are some others using some of what ever else is available. 

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on December 16, 2008, 05:21:05 AM
To revisit this...
1.  The host (server) must have this mod installed.
2.  The host (Server) must open the .mis file and add case sensitive [Mods] to the bottom of the .mis file and then under that: ViewExternalFriendlies  1
Like this:

[Mods]

S! Duff4r:

Would this work only for a DF server?  Or would it also work in a regular coop mission if the host has the mod installed & configured as above?