Maps available

Started by _AH_Twisted, March 21, 2009, 12:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. Fair enough, Dark.. seems i recall spawn location probs on other maps, but i could be wrong about that.

my point is that downloading 2 gb of stuff when we already have most of it installed already, doesn't sound appealing to me at all..  amd on top of that, there will always be new mods coming out.. 1.1 would just be a rest stop for a week or two before we hear some one suggesting  that we all install one more mod... and then another and then another..and we'll be right back in the same situation.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

S~ MOD!!! did I hear MOD!!!!  Achhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh say it isn't so.

:help2:
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  no. well yes.. maybe.. what's the question? no plans to go to 1.1.  no additional required mods.. for now. 

there will always be new mods coming out.as well as improved old mods .. which for all intents and purposes.. are new mods..

Whether or not we decide to add any as a 'required' mod will depend on several things.  if it suits our purpose, if it works as advertised, and ease of installation are some of the main considerations.

i've heard that there may be a 1.0 to 1.1 patch, which as opposed to 1.1 as i might sound, it's not the switching versions nearly as much as  the size of the download that i don't like.

i'm expecting  a patch to be much smaller than the full 2GB download.  i'm not saying we're switching.. i'm just saying it might be something to consider, if or when a patch is available.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

S~                                         Oh
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.