U.I 1.0/1.1 question....

Started by _AH_Moby, June 23, 2009, 11:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Foxbat on June 25, 2009, 09:17:41 PM
S~
I decided to put it in too same way DW did. Seems to run ok. I never did ask and excuse me if its
already posted but do we have to re install the Mig 15 Panther and Sea Hurricane the same as before
or is there now any easier way?
I don't see them in my mods folder anymore.

S! Foxbat:

They have to be done manually, as before, using the standard method:

1.  Install AC installer 3.8
2.  Place the aircraft folder in the "MODS" folder.
3.  Update the air.ini, plane.ru and weapons.ru files
4.  Add a folder for the plane in the "Skins" folder

Note that all the planes you mention are still on the "optional" side of the fence.  I had actually planned on nominating the Sea Hurricane as a proposed "official" mod, but am going to wait at least a week past the UI 1.1 install, to make sure all the dust has settled there, before I even think about proposing it as a mod for the squadron.

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Foxbat on June 25, 2009, 09:17:41 PM
S~
I decided to put it in too same way DW did. Seems to run ok. I never did ask and excuse me if its
already posted but do we have to re install the Mig 15 Panther and Sea Hurricane the same as before
or is there now any easier way?
I don't see them in my mods folder anymore.

If you deleted your mods folder...they are gone.....

Gents, I may be proved wrong on this but as I said in the meeting there is simply nothing to be gained by going to 1.1 for most of us that stay up with the MODs.  You will simply end up re-installing a whole bunch of MODs again like the Panther, Mig, and Sabre. Fox you will also find that Slikks Mods are gone too.

The UI versions are NOT a catch all, end all or the "Best of the Mods".  They are simply a quicker way for someone with a new install or a new IL-2 pilot to catch up faster.

I have installed this to a "test folder"  Not a "test game" to see what's there.  There are a coupla Mods I didn't have and some I don't want like the Depth of Field as I only have TrackIR 3.  Sadly the one thing I can't verify is the buttons files.  They are different. We'll see what we see.

Good Luck to all!  Back up the game that you have...PLEASE!

Duff

Foxbat

S~
Thanks for the info guys.
I didn't delete my old mods folder, just moved it somewhere else.
I wasn't sure if the planes I mentioned were supposed to be in 1.1 or not.
I'll put em back in later then.
And yes I understand they were not official planes we use but I like em and some of us
have been flying em late nights for fun.
Thanks again.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

The  most compelling reason for the switch to UI 1.1 is because the maps we had added to the UI 1.0 were not consistent with the maps included in UI 1.1 ( canon bob map vs. Fly zo bob map and Slot  mao ver 1.2 vs. Slot map ver 1.x.)   
The two  added maps could take as long as 45 minutes each to install on an individual basis as their installation method included copy and paste requirements which proved extremely difficult for some.
   After seeing repeated, albeit intermittent, spawn problems on those added maps,  (planes spawning out of position and sometimes causing explosions at the start of the game, and some having problems with map rendering ( not seeing the bases correctly, planes hovering or sunken into the ground ), the switch was the best solution to getting the game files aligned throughout the squad in an effort to minimize restarts.

The switch will also ease the installation of further additional mods.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.