Friday Night Flights!

Started by Foxbat, December 12, 2008, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. might not make it to the opener this friday..got a big project happening at work.. might be stuck there till late..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Olds

I'd like to get together with B and D flights to go over the maps and mission plan. We will be using ATC. Make a new folder labeled "Crimea" in your Data/Custom folder for ATC, and put your pictures in there. I'd like to try to get together tomorrow evening, possibly about 8:00 pm EST. Cya there!
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_BBQhead

S~. there is a mission scheduled for that time.. it was just posted to the calendar yesterday..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Olds

How about 7 pm EST? I'll be on in case anybody shows up. If not, maybe afterward.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

Foxbat

S!
Rgrt Olds. I'll be here tomorrow a bit early. If not afterword of Daves mission, or Thursday for sure.
Can't wait to hear the plan!

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Olds on January 14, 2009, 12:47:39 AM
I'd like to get together with B and D flights to go over the maps and mission plan. We will be using ATC. Make a new folder labeled "Crimea" in your Data/Custom folder for ATC, and put your pictures in there. I'd like to try to get together tomorrow evening, possibly about 8:00 pm EST. Cya there!

S! Olds:

Just a suggestion:  I'm going to be doing the same for "A" & "C" Flights, but instead of a "Crimea" folder I'm directing them to title it "Friday Night Fights" (without the quotations).  Since we'll only be flying the Crimea map once, and the teams will switch often, it might be a better idea for us to name the new folder the same, so folks won't have to continually change it.  What do you think?

_AH_Olds

That sounds ok to me. Will we all be briefing on ATC at the same time? I wonder if we should do that, and then switch comms by flight, in order to go over the specific plan. I don't want it to get too confusing, or take up too much time before the fight.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. as this is a head to head... i don' t think the two opposing sides should go over their briefs together... just my two cents...

Foxbat

S!
The intent of getting out the briefs to the commanders was so that they can run their own seperate ATC sessions with their groups only.
Don't worry Olds. We will get it done. As a suggestion, also it might be easier yet to just name the folder for ATC as FNF.
Short for friday night flights on accounta its alot easier and can be used every week for the differant maps we will use.

_AH_Olds

I wondered how that would work...seemed to make sense to have each group brief separately. We'll get it figured out.

_AH_Olds

I'm going to have another ATC session Thursday evening for B and D flights about 7 EST to go over the mission plan. Try to be there if you can.

_AH_Olds

Well, it looks like it may be later than 7...got a meeting at Cody's school about going into 6th grade, and Jordan and Mrs. Olds have Scouts. It will probably be after 8 when I get back. Cya then.

_AH_Archie

If i can not make the start time, are we allowed to join the fight in progress?

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. due to scoring complications, no joiners after the first sortie is underway. .. sorry..

_AH_Col._Hogan

I might be able to start on time, but unable to stay for the duration. Is that an option?

S!