Windows 10

Started by _AH_z5o, July 29, 2015, 04:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

~S~
Hey gang, just loaded Win10. Everything seems to work just fine,,, I hope. The game works along with all the support software needed to fly.
Thought I drop ya'll a note and let you know that it seems to be ok to upgrade to it.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Turbo

Hey before you down load window 10, make sure your graphic card is compatible, Also printer and the rest of your hard wear. I have been running window 7.      :happy-112:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Autorotate

i'll be sticking with windows 7 for the foreseeable future. at least until i do some major upgrades.
works just fine, will be supported until 2022, and has solitaire for free.
:drinking-43: :drinking-42:

_AH_Lippy

Is Win 10 anything like win 8 or does it revert back too the original way like win 7. I believe you had win 8 right Z

_AH_z5o

Ya, I had 8.1. As far as 10, well. Havent had that much time on it to completely see what all its up too. Ill let you know more as I go. It DID install fine. Everything seems to work as far as hardware and software. So far, so good.

_AH_Lippy

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Is this Windows 10 a complete new operating system or just a add on? The reason I ask is because I received in the mail today an adver. from Walmart that says, "Windows 10 is here. Upgrade for free" at   windows.com/windows10upgrade. So I checked it out and it said this, "Upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8? You will love Windows 10!". It is free OK but not for XP. I just got throughen under the bus again.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Lippy

All new Windows can be installed in two different ways. As an Upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10 or a complete install, Typicaly upgrade is cheaper way to go.

_AH_z5o

This looks like a full install. Sp far. it seems to work well. I'm sure there bugs somewhere. Wouldn't be Microsoft if it didn't. Now I have noticed and don't know what causing it, Internet Explorer wanting to act a bit laggy and troublesome. BUT, 10 replaces IE with Microsoft Edge. Their new browser. Kinda neat. Its a lot cleaner than IE. That might be the issue with IE. Its being fazed out 10 is ment to replace 8 and 8.1 due to the fact that 8 and 8.1 were a complete failure. EVEVYBODY hated the way it was set up. So. MS decided to replace it, for free, with 10. Which is being billed as the BEST OS ever. We'll see. I have to find the link that MS gave me. Its a good read on why they upgraded EVERYONES OS.

_AH_Lippy

So my laptop has 8.1 on it and MS will give me 10 free to download. HMMM I smell sometin fishy in them gifts.

_AH_Duff4r

FYI, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. We had been away for 2 weeks. All went extremely fast and well. Very nice but really not earth shattering, IMHO.

From what I know 10 is actually a product of both Windows 7 & 8 combining some of the best features of the two operating system...thus the 'Free Gift'.

Problem: The only issue, I use all CH Pro sticks; Fighter Stick, Throttle and Pedals. If we choose to combine these sticks into one stick we use the CMCC - CM Control Center. This renames the JS's from what they are; Fighter Stick etc. to CM Device #1, CM Device #2 etc. When Windows 10 installed, it changed the CM order so that my CM device #1 became CM device #2 and vise-versa. It swapped the Fighter Stick and the Throttle. I had to go in-game and reassign buttons and axis as required. Those who do not use the CMCC should have no problems.

Other thoughts...

1.) The new Edge Browser is brutal fast but lacks the sophistication that Firefox and Chrome have.

2.) Don't forget.. if you upgrade to 10 you will need new video drivers that support your video card and Windows 10. I downloaded these prior to running the upgrade.

3.) You can RETURN TO YOUR PRIOR OS for up to 30 days. This includes then re-installing 10.

Salute!
Duff

_AH_Turbo

Good report Duff Thanks                 :happy-112:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   How does all this apply to me with Windows XP?  I never had Windows 7 or 8 to start with and will I have to get Windows 10 to stay in Aces High ?  I'm sinking..I'm sinking.............gulp.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Jack

TD,  your game will still run on XP.  The only thing that has changed with XP is that it no longer gets Microsoft updates.  You don't need to change a thing.