HSFX Map List

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, June 14, 2016, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Something came up discussing the VP mod, there seems to be a descrepancy between some of us in the map list in the Full Mission Builder. Not only are things arranged differently but some maps are missing.

When you select Map in the FMB menu, some people see this :

All the maps in one window.

Others see this :

The maps arranged into sections.

This is most peculiar and a signifigant inconsitency, worthy I think of some investigation. I'm curious as to who sees what version in their FMB? And where did you get your copy of the game? ie Was it from a thumb drive from someone or did you install it yourself?

I see the bottom picture in my FMB. I installed HSFX 7 myself into a virgin copy of IL-2 from the disc and updated to 7.0.3 and this is what I got.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

I see the 2nd picture in my game... i think thats the new change in our last update..

_AH_gatlingun

~S~
I see the second picture,think I got mine from AD2 on external drive.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

Did you install the game yourself Bear? Or get it from someone else?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Mine's arranged into sections.  Pretty sure it's from  a thumb drive  because  I have clown skins in some of my plane folders.   (6)

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

I see the separate sections; and clown skins also.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on June 14, 2016, 10:56:32 PM
Did you install the game yourself Bear? Or get it from someone else?

DW
I installed myself

_AH_fraggmann

I also see the second pic and I have a copy of the game on a thumb drive
and add to it as needed. I started from the begining and patched up then
saved a copy.
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_DarkWolf

The more input we get on this the better guys, so if you could take the time to take a look at your game and respond it'll help us figure it out quicker.

DW

_AH_Shrtaprch

S~  Mine is in sections.  Installed from Twenty's game I think...although I had a virgin game I modded up....  Not sure now!

Shrt

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Jetdoc on June 16, 2016, 06:17:07 AM
~S~! DW you already know mine is the first one, all I can say is we have been lucky so far. I at this time not sure
what can be done to bring the entire Squadron back up to speed, short of finding all the pilots that have
your version and making a thumb drives and sending them out, at this time there are at least
seven pilots that I know of with my version if not more which could become very expansive.
~S~! Sir  :drinking-43:

If you know seven AH pilots who have all their maps in one screen, then tell them to post here reporting that fact and whether they installed HSFX themselves or got their game from someone.

Hopefully a fix will not require thumb drives. I suspect it can be solved with a manual install of the files from the autoupdater.

In fact JD, since you are the only one I know of so far with this perhaps you can test my theory.

Grab the rar from this link, these are the files the autoupdater installs. : http://www.derrierloisirs.fr/il2/HSFX70/HSFX7.0_to_7.03.rar

Make a copy of your HSFX game just to be safe and remove all the mods in the Activated Mods window in the JSGME.

Extract the files from the .rar into that copy of your HSFX game and let it overwrite everything it wants.

Once complete re-activate the usual mods in the JSGME. (HSFX history mod, EXPERT mode, Carrier Takeoff 5.7 for HSFX 7)

Then load that game and check your map list again in the FMB. If it is divided into sections, check that following maps are in the Western Front section :

Channel Circus (DRK)
Channel Circus Winter (DRK)
Ardennes RRR Summer (Cyberolas)
Ardennes RRR Winter (Cyberolas)

I believe at least those four were missing from your list, if they are now there and work fine then this is the solution.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Jetdoc,

I could be mistaken, but you said you added the download from DW into a fresh 4.12 copy; which sounds like you updated a fresh version of 4.12 with 7.03 when you should have updated an  HSFX game.  The HSFX 7 installation is a little over 5 Gb. I don't think a 92 MB update is going to  have all  5.5 (or more) GBs of the HSFX files.   

If you actually meant to say you updated a copy of  your HSFX version, then please ignore this post.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah that .rar is just the files to go from HSFX 7.0 to 7.0.3, so putting just those into a clean 4.12 would not do anything. You would need to apply HSFX 7 to the clean install before adding the .rar files.

When you say 4.12, do you mean 4.12.2?

Do you have any other mods installed that did not come with HSFX?

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

When you tried the fresh install, did you just put the .rar into that copy? Or did you install HSFX 7 into the fresh copy and then add the .rar?

DW